Skip to main content

Knowing your cycle

I believe knowing our seasons and cycles is really important to our growth as individuals but our overall contentment with life.  As a stay-at-home mom I have a lot of control over my own environment and that can be a good thing and a bad thing.  A good thing if you can handle coming face to face with certain struggles you have, a bad thing if you don't know how to respond to those struggles.  I think in the hustle and bustle of "single" life there are a lot of things that you don't have to face about yourself and therefore do not deal with.  But when you start a family and life slows down that all changes.  Here it is Feb 10, 2011 and here is what I'm reporting:

It's Thursday and one of the 2 days a week that my daughter is in school.  In the past I have destined the day for getting chores done around the house, cooking nourishing meals, errands, and so on..............however lately I have been feeling like I'm on a hamster wheel and it's taking away from my productivity.  Slowing down to tend to myself is uncomfortable.  I think there are times where we need to push through and stick to our routines and I think there are times when we need to switch them up.  That's why knowing our cycle is important.  I believe our lives our cyclical in these ways and if we payed enough attention we would start to recognize the times we need to switch up and the times we need to ride it through until the mood passes.  I think in becoming a Christian this is an area of my life I've ignored for a long time because it's something that has been ignored by the Christian Community for the most part.  Women especially have suffered for it.  God has put seasons and cycles in place in nature for a reason and it's important to come to understand the seasons and cycles in our own lives, so that we may respond accordingly and with wisdom.  Most people are just looking for stable lives.  Not lives full of extreme ups and downs.  This blog is my effort to stop and take notice of myself and what I'm going through, to determine whether it needs a response at all and what that response should be.   I know it does need a response.  When you feel like you are on a "Hamster Wheel" regarding your routine, it doesn't mean something is wrong with your routine.  When you have lost productivity within your routine, and you are tired all the time..............that could mean you need a "jolt"...maybe shake things up a bit by switching up your routine.  My husband said that when we take a break from our routine.  It helps us be more diligent when we return to it.  It's Feb 10th and I need a jolt or maybe a better word is resuscitation which is medically defined as "is an emergency procedure which is attempted in an effort to return life to a person in cardiac arrest"  When they perform the procedure there is a "jolt".  In order to resuscitate myself in order to return to my routine in a more productive, full of life way I will do the following.
1.  Stay up late (I've been night owl for awhile, but I force myself in bed around 11pm every night because I know I have to get up at 7am to take care of daughter)
2.  Use my daughter bathroom instead of my own for showering (Her bathroom has a much warmer atmosphere than our master bathroom, our master bathroom has a cold feel to it, when we move I think I will want our master bathroom to be a more traditional design instead of these big jacuzzi tubs and such.  It's more work and it just doesn't seem cozy.
3.  Have friends over (I grew up in an environment where people where always coming by our house, my parents entertained guest without entertaining, they just had a knack for it.  It's no wonder there were few weekends where our driveway wasn't full of cars.)  Not to mention, I've always been a people person and have always struggles when time with being with friends and family had to come to an end.

That's what I'm doing and I will report the results. I believe that we get in certain moods when we ovulate and knowing how to respond to these moods will help us lead more contented lives.  I want to hear from other women out there.  I'm a people person and I want some cyber friends to join me on my journey and interact with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

When we are troubled................

Have you have let the challenges you face, become a distraction for you?  I have! Matter-a-fact, I'm going through it now.  I hate it when I do that, because when you begin to let your heart become troubled about something, it's not long before fear begins to creeps in as well.    Then I feel like it gets hard to focus on the other things you need to focus on, and it's hard to enjoy the blessings that you have.  There is such a ripple effect when you let challenges trouble you.  It leads to distraction, then, fear, then it starts to rob you of your peace, your joy and if you let it, it can completely consume you.  God tells us to guard our hearts with all diligence.  There are 2 things in the bible that God tells us to guard:  Our hearts and our mouths.  We have to watch what we let come into our hearts and we have to watch what we allow to proceed from our mouths.  Even though we don't ignore challenges, it's important we don't let them take up residence in our

The best fight ever...............

Marriage.................................It's not easy.  It is a colorful creation full of ups and downs, highs and lows.  And some desperate times.  It cannot be done without God. It is His invention and only He can navigate you through it.  But marriage is worth fighting for.  You don't always have the energy to fight anymore and that's ok.  It's ok to not be ok.  It's ok to not be ok with your marriage.  It's ok to not be ok with your life.  Just know that not being ok, with your marriage, doesn't mean that it's over.  Not being ok, with your life, doesn't mean that its over.   In the last couple weeks I have struggled with temptations of epic magnitude.  God has seen me in my struggle.  Struggling with my emotions.  Struggling with my desires.  Struggling to stay faithful.  He saw me. He didn't look at me and say "I can't believe you are thinking this".  He didn't look at me ans say "I can't believe you are