Skip to main content

Keep hitting a crossroad

Was doing some praying about wisdom this morning and I learned from Proverbs 14:8 that the wisdom of the prudent is to understand his way.  I am struggling a little bit with that right now in my life.  I don't know what I should be focused on with Noah and with my own tasks and I'm trying to understand my way in this season.  There is an area of great struggle concerning Noah right now.  Boundaries with play time with her father and I.  When we leave her to her own devices she seems fine but when we start to engage in play or activities with her she doesn't want to let us stop and we have a fit on our hands.  She is constantly asking us "Will you play with me?"  Even when we are in the car on the way home she is asking "You play with me when we get home?".  Even while we are playing with her she says "You want to play with me?".  It's getting out of hand.  The thing that concerns me is I don't really want to be all or none but that what it seems like we are going to have to do.  I feel like God did that to me in a sense.  I feel like when I had first gotten saved and I was a baby in Christ, God was all in my face constantly doing things in my life to get and keep my attention.  But not long after, probably about 2 or 3 years I felt like He stepped away.  It took me awhile to understand it.  But God knows my personality and He knows what was necessary for me to mature as a Christian.  I have matured as a result.  I'm wondering if I need to do the same thing in Noah's life right now.  It's hard for me because I want to make sure she is learning all the things that children need to learn at this age.  I'm scared to take that step back that God did with me.  But I beginning to think it's a necessary step for Noah and her relationship with God.  I might be standing in the way of what He wants to do in her if I don't take heed.  I never understood why God kind of stepped back in my life and started doing things differently while still affirming the same talents and gifts; but He obviously wants to produce something in me.  Maybe He wants to produce something in Noah as well.  Maybe He is using her to send me a message.  I think I struggle with the fact that when I step back it poses a problem for me because I don't really know what to do with myself at home with a 3 year old, not playing with her or doing activities with her.  I really feel like God is trying to use Noah's issue to address an issue with me.  What does He want to show me?   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

When we are troubled................

Have you have let the challenges you face, become a distraction for you?  I have! Matter-a-fact, I'm going through it now.  I hate it when I do that, because when you begin to let your heart become troubled about something, it's not long before fear begins to creeps in as well.    Then I feel like it gets hard to focus on the other things you need to focus on, and it's hard to enjoy the blessings that you have.  There is such a ripple effect when you let challenges trouble you.  It leads to distraction, then, fear, then it starts to rob you of your peace, your joy and if you let it, it can completely consume you.  God tells us to guard our hearts with all diligence.  There are 2 things in the bible that God tells us to guard:  Our hearts and our mouths.  We have to watch what we let come into our hearts and we have to watch what we allow to proceed from our mouths.  Even though we don't ignore challenges, it's important we don't let them take up residence in our

The best fight ever...............

Marriage.................................It's not easy.  It is a colorful creation full of ups and downs, highs and lows.  And some desperate times.  It cannot be done without God. It is His invention and only He can navigate you through it.  But marriage is worth fighting for.  You don't always have the energy to fight anymore and that's ok.  It's ok to not be ok.  It's ok to not be ok with your marriage.  It's ok to not be ok with your life.  Just know that not being ok, with your marriage, doesn't mean that it's over.  Not being ok, with your life, doesn't mean that its over.   In the last couple weeks I have struggled with temptations of epic magnitude.  God has seen me in my struggle.  Struggling with my emotions.  Struggling with my desires.  Struggling to stay faithful.  He saw me. He didn't look at me and say "I can't believe you are thinking this".  He didn't look at me ans say "I can't believe you are