Skip to main content

Remembering Jesus

Colossians 2:6-7 (New King James Version)

6 As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, 7 rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it[a] with thanksgiving. 

This scripture above made me remember what happened to my life when I met Jesus.  I was invited to church to see my best friend get baptized.  This friend had invited me to church several other times but I was too tired from drinking and hanging out the night before.  But this was special because she was getting baptized and I wanted to support her.  Well little did I know I would come in contact with the man that would become everything to me, the man that would become more of a friend to me then anybody could ever be.  After the sermon, I remember saying to myself "What I heard did not come from a man, that was from God"  I remember thinking that a man could never have wisdom like that, I knew it had to be from God.  I kept coming back on Sundays then I started attending bible study on Wed night.  I went up one Sunday to join the church.  The counselors took me back, talk to me about sin, had me pray the prayer for salvation.  I did all that but I wasn't saved.  I just did what they said so I could be a part of their church.  I just knew that I wanted to be a part of whatever was going on at that church.  One evening after bible study, at home, I asked Jesus Christ  to come into my life and my heart and to turn my life around.  I told him that I have been trying to control my life for years and it has gotten me nowhere.  I gave my life over to Jesus Christ.  There were 3 people that God used in an extremely powerful way to orchestrate that moment in my life.  My life did change after that.  It was really great, but not easy.  As time went by life got harder, the devil does not make it easy to walk with God.  But my relationship with God has continued to mature and it as solid as it's ever been.  I have a quiet and unwavering faith, an understanding that God makes His will clear in my life, and a life that I never could have imagined.  I am a full-time stay-at-home mom.  My husband is an entrepreneur and an awesome provider.  My daughter is healthy, smart, full of life, and building her own relationship with God.  Sure, there are some things that we are still waiting to fall into place in our lives but that is going to happen very soon.  I've recently stepped into pursuing my dream of working with horses.  I'm hoping to build up some confidence with these very intimidating animals and learn as much as a can about caring for them and of coarse my favorite part; riding them.

Jesus, I remember how you turned my life around and You are still building a great life for myself and my family.  Thank You for how you have guided me as a mom and a wife.  Thank you for all the wisdom in caring for my daughter and leading me to the right resources to keep her in the best of health.  Thank you for helping me to be a more caring and supporting wife to my husband.  Thank you that we have learned to work better as a team and that we have learned to respect each other and love each other with all our flaws and weaknesses.  Thank you for helping us to encourage and build one another up.  Thank you for the insight you give us into each others heart.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

When we are troubled................

Have you have let the challenges you face, become a distraction for you?  I have! Matter-a-fact, I'm going through it now.  I hate it when I do that, because when you begin to let your heart become troubled about something, it's not long before fear begins to creeps in as well.    Then I feel like it gets hard to focus on the other things you need to focus on, and it's hard to enjoy the blessings that you have.  There is such a ripple effect when you let challenges trouble you.  It leads to distraction, then, fear, then it starts to rob you of your peace, your joy and if you let it, it can completely consume you.  God tells us to guard our hearts with all diligence.  There are 2 things in the bible that God tells us to guard:  Our hearts and our mouths.  We have to watch what we let come into our hearts and we have to watch what we allow to proceed from our mouths.  Even though we don't ignore challenges, it's important we don't let them take up residence in our

The best fight ever...............

Marriage.................................It's not easy.  It is a colorful creation full of ups and downs, highs and lows.  And some desperate times.  It cannot be done without God. It is His invention and only He can navigate you through it.  But marriage is worth fighting for.  You don't always have the energy to fight anymore and that's ok.  It's ok to not be ok.  It's ok to not be ok with your marriage.  It's ok to not be ok with your life.  Just know that not being ok, with your marriage, doesn't mean that it's over.  Not being ok, with your life, doesn't mean that its over.   In the last couple weeks I have struggled with temptations of epic magnitude.  God has seen me in my struggle.  Struggling with my emotions.  Struggling with my desires.  Struggling to stay faithful.  He saw me. He didn't look at me and say "I can't believe you are thinking this".  He didn't look at me ans say "I can't believe you are