Friday, June 17, 2011

Freedom, Laughter, and Rest

Most people are searching for ways to be happy in their lives.  I am no different.  I try to live in a way that brings freedom, laughter and rest to myself and those around me.  But I have been wanting to grow in that area.  I want to enjoy life even more!  Some of the points mentioned in my devotional this morning were:
  1. Don't take yourself of your circumstances so seriously 
  2. When you desire God's will above all else, life becomes less threatening.
  3. Stop trying to monitor God's responsibilities (things beyond your control), find freedom by accepting the boundaries of your domain.
God has designed us all to live life uniquely and we all have different domains and different boundaries.  One of the scriptures mentioned in this devotional was:

Proverbs 17:22

New King James Version (NKJV)
22 A merry heart does good, like medicine,[a]
      But a broken spirit dries the bones.

This scripture is a reminder to guard your heart with all diligence for out of it springs the issues of life.  Feed your spirit so you can be strong.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us!!