Skip to main content

Getting my energy back

I am getting my energy back.  I have a lot to share so I'm going to just go down a list.
Pregnancy had been kicking my behind.  Very nauseous and tired.  When Noah was at school all I did was sleep and eat and try to get our house in order with the little bit of time I had left.  With Noah, I was tired but I didn't nap much, I hate napping.  But this time around I didn't have a choice.  I was painfully tired.  Yesterday and today were the first 2 days that I've been able to stay up all day, for awhile.  It was nice to have my days back.  Thank you so much Lord for returning my strength and for all the prayers of everybody around me.  Pregnancy is going well as far as I know.  Per the advice of my cousin, I changed my diet and started trying to incorporate some new things that would help me with energy.  So I started eating clementine oranges.  They are so good.  I stopped eating the fast food that I was eating and got some soup and other easy things from Trader Joe's that I could make quickly for a quick meal during the day without cooking I had wild rice and barley soup with chicken today. I made myself a sandwich out of some Chipotle chicken that I bought from the grocery store.  I'm still pregnant so I can't do as much with Noah as I use to and I have a feeling that is forever changed.  I will always cherish the memories of all the experiences Noah and I had together when she was home with me full-time.  All the places we got to go.  Noah and I had so much fun.   Now she is a big girl and she has to go to school and I have a baby on the way and a business to run with my hubby and I have to see to those things.  Things always change, they never stay the same and it's foolish to try to keep things the same.  We have been going through the bowel movement struggle with Noah.  She has this idea that she can tell her body when she is ready to have a bowel movement instead of her body telling her.  We tried to tell her that she has to listen to her body when it comes to that but she did not listen and because I'm tired of fighting with her about it.  I took my mother-in-laws advice.  FIBER!  I went to the Vitamin Shoppe today and the girl miracle fiber.  It is a vegetable fiber that dissolves in fluid and you can bake and cook with it.  It has no taste or color. I decided I would make it so Noah could not hold her bowel movement.  I put a teaspoon of that in her apple juice along with some liquid Chlorophll and she couldn't help but go, it pushed itself out.   My mother-in-law said that sometimes you need to pack their diet with fiber to bulk up their bowel movements.  Especially because Noah doesn't really eat a whole lot.  That's all that's been going on with me.  My biggest lesson from these past 2 months is that you can't keep things in you life from changing.  You can't keep the same routines or the same diets or the same habits because life changes and it's easiest to change with it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

When we are troubled................

Have you have let the challenges you face, become a distraction for you?  I have! Matter-a-fact, I'm going through it now.  I hate it when I do that, because when you begin to let your heart become troubled about something, it's not long before fear begins to creeps in as well.    Then I feel like it gets hard to focus on the other things you need to focus on, and it's hard to enjoy the blessings that you have.  There is such a ripple effect when you let challenges trouble you.  It leads to distraction, then, fear, then it starts to rob you of your peace, your joy and if you let it, it can completely consume you.  God tells us to guard our hearts with all diligence.  There are 2 things in the bible that God tells us to guard:  Our hearts and our mouths.  We have to watch what we let come into our hearts and we have to watch what we allow to proceed from our mouths.  Even though we don't ignore challenges, it's important we don't let them take up residence in our

The dirty truth about discipline

I got up this morning, went through the 2 hour process of getting my kids ready for school.  Once they were at school I came back home and decided I was going to read my bible, reflect on some things, and write some things down in my planner.  Well guess what?????  A wave of drowsiness washed over me.....................I had coffee in my hand and I still got so sleepy.  So sleepy that I absolutely had to allow myself to drift off into a slumber.  I had scheduled a workout at my favorite workout spot, Orange Theory.  But I was so sleepy that I was tempted to cancel.  Thanks to Orange Theory you can't cancel, the same day, via their app.  You have to call and even then you might lose your class that you paid for.  They normally have a waiting list for classes.  With that said I forced my butt up and into action to get to my class.  I'm so thankful to Orange Theory and the way they promote accountability, especially during this special time in my life.  See God has me focused