Skip to main content

Letting go.............

My hubby and I have a contract on a house in Gainesville, VA.  It's a beautiful home.  But it's a short sale so it could take awhile before we even know if the bank is going to accept our offer.  But we strongly believe that this is the house we are going to get and it's not going to take too long to find out.  But in terms of the house we are in now.....................beautiful house but it is so not a good layout for our family.  With the pregnancy and all I have grown weary of trying to keep it organized and cleaned in such a way to fit our family.  Lately I've just been letting it go.  Not that it looks bad, because it doesn't.  It's always been kind of a high maintenance home as far as keeping it straight because of the floor plan.  It's very easy for everything to get all over the place especially with a little one.  I don't really function well with everything all over the place, but I have learned to tolerate it more lately because I'm tired of fighting against what just isn't working anymore.  I almost think God used my pregnancy to help me to realize it wasn't realistic for me to fight this battle in this house anymore the way that I was.  I do think that our next house will bring some relief and make staying organized a little easier.  For now, I'm letting go of the battle in this house. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

When we are troubled................

Have you have let the challenges you face, become a distraction for you?  I have! Matter-a-fact, I'm going through it now.  I hate it when I do that, because when you begin to let your heart become troubled about something, it's not long before fear begins to creeps in as well.    Then I feel like it gets hard to focus on the other things you need to focus on, and it's hard to enjoy the blessings that you have.  There is such a ripple effect when you let challenges trouble you.  It leads to distraction, then, fear, then it starts to rob you of your peace, your joy and if you let it, it can completely consume you.  God tells us to guard our hearts with all diligence.  There are 2 things in the bible that God tells us to guard:  Our hearts and our mouths.  We have to watch what we let come into our hearts and we have to watch what we allow to proceed from our mouths.  Even though we don't ignore challenges, it's important we don't let them take up residence in our

Love & Crisis

I am bursting with stuff to share, but really haven't known if it's the time to share it.  Or even if this is the platform.  There have been some foundational lessons that God has been teaching me.  Gosh, I haven't blogged so long.  I don't know where to start.  I long to connect with my readers on  a more personal level.  I don't know how many of you are married.  But statistically marriages will go through a crisis about every 10 years.  It could be health, financial, loss of a loved one, parenting issues, etc.  My husband and I went through our first crisis last year, and guess what?  Last year was our 10th year of marriage.  Ours was financial.  Honestly, it went on for about 2 years but reached the worst of it last year.  We were in danger of losing our home.  The only reason we are in our home today is because God used our family and our church to help us.  But it was rough for awhile and it truly tested our marriage.  We had the worst arguments of our mar