Skip to main content

Weaving it together

Our lives are a bunch of strands that god has already weaved together to accomplish his perfect plan. MuY husband and I just bought a new house. There is so drying very uncommon about what took place with this beautiful home. As we spent days and weeks here some things started to unravel about what god had done. First we get this beautiful home. The people who "lived" seem to have impeccable taste in decor and the house is so clean. It is like walking through a model home. Once we buy the house, the people want to sell everything in it instead of taking it with them. We basically moved into a home thAt was fully decorated from top to bottom. We actually figured the people living here had brought in a custom decorator. But as time has passed another story has begun to unfold about this home. This home was built in 2007. It is fairly new and I believe the couple was here with their teenage daughter for at least 4 years. It is funny because I am not really the detective type but little things have made me raise questions. I believe it is god not me, because he wants us to see in intricate detail how this was something he began doing for us years ago. Well, while we have beautiful curtains in our home the other part of the window treatments raised some questions. As I began to need toadjust the window treatments to let more light in, firstni realized that these window treatments did not get adjusted. The people living here never adjusted the curtains or window coverings. I said to myself, "wow, how could they have not wanted to raise and lower what seemed to be temporary coverings" which leads to my next point. While the curtains are great quality, the window coverings were like paper coverings that they place in model homes for show. Because they are paper, if you adjustnthem a lot they get wrinkles and even little holes. Their coverings did not seem to even have been touched. Tell me thatnis not odd. These people had a teenage daughter. This continued to baffle me. While the home is in excellent condition. There were little things that had never been done to the home, little maintenance things like the gutters never cleaned, the house has built in humidifier (it is a green house) the filter had ne er been changed or cleaned. The fireplace needs to be serviced and the hot water heater needs to be serviced. The house is extremely clean, the window treatments seem barely touched, stuff hasn't been serviced and a teenger lived here, really??? Ten I srtart really payingnattention to the wall decor. It fitsmthe house perfectly that is why we bought it from the owner. When really started looking at it I realized it was like it was too perfect, fitted too well with the house. We purchased their formal living room and the plants are artificial which is perfect for us because of noah's allergies. Our basement is decked out with framed movie posters to fit every taste. I have discovered that these people bought the modle house in this neighborhood and purchased most of the fur other and decor that was used to stage the home. But what is baffling is that they purchased this beautiful home with all the fixings and appears they have barely used the home. It is almost like godmused them to holdmis home just for us. They had another property in crouton thatni guess they were renting ut. Check this out, it was a short sale. S we basically purchased a model home with all the fixings in a short sale. Basically it has come to my attention that god started to orchestrate this for us some time ago. But god does that with a lot of things right. He does, but ther is something special he wants me to know about this in pRticular. Somethingthatni think will build my faith and be a thorough testimony. God did something unique here. He is still showing the details.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

When we are troubled................

Have you have let the challenges you face, become a distraction for you?  I have! Matter-a-fact, I'm going through it now.  I hate it when I do that, because when you begin to let your heart become troubled about something, it's not long before fear begins to creeps in as well.    Then I feel like it gets hard to focus on the other things you need to focus on, and it's hard to enjoy the blessings that you have.  There is such a ripple effect when you let challenges trouble you.  It leads to distraction, then, fear, then it starts to rob you of your peace, your joy and if you let it, it can completely consume you.  God tells us to guard our hearts with all diligence.  There are 2 things in the bible that God tells us to guard:  Our hearts and our mouths.  We have to watch what we let come into our hearts and we have to watch what we allow to proceed from our mouths.  Even though we don't ignore challenges, it's important we don't let them take up residence in our

The dirty truth about discipline

I got up this morning, went through the 2 hour process of getting my kids ready for school.  Once they were at school I came back home and decided I was going to read my bible, reflect on some things, and write some things down in my planner.  Well guess what?????  A wave of drowsiness washed over me.....................I had coffee in my hand and I still got so sleepy.  So sleepy that I absolutely had to allow myself to drift off into a slumber.  I had scheduled a workout at my favorite workout spot, Orange Theory.  But I was so sleepy that I was tempted to cancel.  Thanks to Orange Theory you can't cancel, the same day, via their app.  You have to call and even then you might lose your class that you paid for.  They normally have a waiting list for classes.  With that said I forced my butt up and into action to get to my class.  I'm so thankful to Orange Theory and the way they promote accountability, especially during this special time in my life.  See God has me focused