Skip to main content

Joy

As a mom to 2 young children and a wife I am definitely learning that there will not be much joy in life if the source of your joy does not reside within you.  If your joy depends upon what you are doing and what your circumstances are at any given time, chances are, you are a very unhappy person.  Our pastor talked about 2 scriptures that caught me attention from Wed bible study.  It is giving me something to meditate on in terms of finding my source of joy in the right places instead of in the wrong places.  Psalm 1 says that the man who is blessed delights himself in the law of the Lord.  Now the word delight indicates happiness, joy, satisfaction, deep contentment.  In Luke 17:21 Jesus says "the kingdom of God is within you".

What must we do to have true joy in the mundaneness of everyday life.  Study the word of God to give you delight and realize that every blessing in the Kingdom of God resides in you.  Jesus expresses His life through his followers.  Don't look for your children, your spouse, material things, your work, or your friends to make you happy.  Look to the law of the Lord and meditate on it day and night.  See that's what you have to do to start delighting in it.  It's not gonna just happen.  The bible says you have to meditate on it day and night. 

Don't look at the Kingdom of God as a destination, it resides in you.  That means your power, your healing, your strength, your peace, self-control, love, longsuffering............etc.  Everything you need to be more than a conquerer in this life is already in you.  Just yield to Jesus and the Holy spirit so He can express His life through you.  Lean on Him as you go about the work of your day.  Remember leaning doesn't mean to stop work.  It is a posture that you remain in as you work.  Be Blessed!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

When we are troubled................

Have you have let the challenges you face, become a distraction for you?  I have! Matter-a-fact, I'm going through it now.  I hate it when I do that, because when you begin to let your heart become troubled about something, it's not long before fear begins to creeps in as well.    Then I feel like it gets hard to focus on the other things you need to focus on, and it's hard to enjoy the blessings that you have.  There is such a ripple effect when you let challenges trouble you.  It leads to distraction, then, fear, then it starts to rob you of your peace, your joy and if you let it, it can completely consume you.  God tells us to guard our hearts with all diligence.  There are 2 things in the bible that God tells us to guard:  Our hearts and our mouths.  We have to watch what we let come into our hearts and we have to watch what we allow to proceed from our mouths.  Even though we don't ignore challenges, it's important we don't let them take up residence in our

The dirty truth about discipline

I got up this morning, went through the 2 hour process of getting my kids ready for school.  Once they were at school I came back home and decided I was going to read my bible, reflect on some things, and write some things down in my planner.  Well guess what?????  A wave of drowsiness washed over me.....................I had coffee in my hand and I still got so sleepy.  So sleepy that I absolutely had to allow myself to drift off into a slumber.  I had scheduled a workout at my favorite workout spot, Orange Theory.  But I was so sleepy that I was tempted to cancel.  Thanks to Orange Theory you can't cancel, the same day, via their app.  You have to call and even then you might lose your class that you paid for.  They normally have a waiting list for classes.  With that said I forced my butt up and into action to get to my class.  I'm so thankful to Orange Theory and the way they promote accountability, especially during this special time in my life.  See God has me focused