Skip to main content

Learn how to abound!

Sometimes, you spend so much time taking care of other people, you get a real desire for someone to take care of you.  That's what God is here for; to take care of us.  Remember we are the sheep of his pasture it is He who made us and not we ourselves, and He is responsible for us and we are not responsible for ourselves.  Every morning we have to put the responsibility for ourselves on God because if not, we take it on ourselves, and the responsibility for ourselves is too big of a burden to carry because it was not meant for us and we were not built for that.  Do you know God has wired us a certain way and there are things in this world that God did not design us to deal with.  In the function of day to day lives we have to throw off stress, worry, doubt, anxiety, fear, panic.  These things will kill you because we were not wired to deal with those things.  We were created and designed for God's paradise, to spend a lifetime of unbroken fellowship with Him.  We were not designed to deal with death, that's why it scares so many people because it was never in God's plan for us.  Lemme repeat that "Death was never a part of God's plan for us".  You are scared of death because it was never part of God's plan for you and it still is not part of God's plan for you. Everyone will awaken to eternal life one day.  The question is will you spend your forever; in heaven or in hell.  But trust me it's God's plan for all of us to live forever, the question now is where?  Even now as we walk this earth we need to start our day in fellowship with God.

There are some people that don't think this blog is very important but it is. Have you heard that the Lord is good.  I know you've heard it, but have you ever experienced for yourself.  God has been good to some people, real good, but do you know that the people who truly experience God's goodness are the people not relying on their own goodness to earn God's goodness.  The people who truly experinece God's goodness are the people not reliant upon their own goodness to experience God's goodness.  Any day that I don't hear from God, I'm overwhelmed.  Do you wanna shout everyday because the Lord has been so good?  Let me tell you if you would lean on Him and pray, God be good to me; I bet He will give you a shouting testimony everyday.  I'm talking about a testimony that you just can't hold it in.  I had a pastor once and I call Him the praising pastor because this pastor was an example of God's extravagant, daily, goodness.  You could just tell by looking at him, the way he walked, the way he talked; that God had been good to him.  It wasn't just an "I woke up today, I have food on my table, clothes on my back" kind of goodness.  No, this went far beyond those things.  Those things are not going to give the average person a new walk and an extra bounce in their walk. 

Paul says in Ephesians 3:20

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,

What does Paul mean? We think about clothes, we think about food, we think about our house.  Paul made this statement because he had experienced it in his own life.  He said that he knew both how to abound and to suffer need.  Many of us know alot about how to suffer need, but few of us know how to abound.  It is God's desire that we know how to be victorious in both states.  Look at the scripture below:

2 Corinthians 9:8

New King James Version (NKJV)
8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.

The thing that really sticks out to me is when he says "may have an abundance for every good work".  Yes Jesus!!!! The bible says:

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

We need to walk in abundance and in the good works which God has prepared for us today.  Jesus, you said you died that we may have life and have it more abundantly Lord!  Lord Jesus you use the word "abundant" and "abound" so many times in your word.  We pray for an abundance today for every good work we have before us in our day today.  God we are workmanship created in Christ Jesus for good works which you have prepared for each every one of us today.  Help us walk in them Lord today. In Jesus Name we pray.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

When we are troubled................

Have you have let the challenges you face, become a distraction for you?  I have! Matter-a-fact, I'm going through it now.  I hate it when I do that, because when you begin to let your heart become troubled about something, it's not long before fear begins to creeps in as well.    Then I feel like it gets hard to focus on the other things you need to focus on, and it's hard to enjoy the blessings that you have.  There is such a ripple effect when you let challenges trouble you.  It leads to distraction, then, fear, then it starts to rob you of your peace, your joy and if you let it, it can completely consume you.  God tells us to guard our hearts with all diligence.  There are 2 things in the bible that God tells us to guard:  Our hearts and our mouths.  We have to watch what we let come into our hearts and we have to watch what we allow to proceed from our mouths.  Even though we don't ignore challenges, it's important we don't let them take up residence in our

The dirty truth about discipline

I got up this morning, went through the 2 hour process of getting my kids ready for school.  Once they were at school I came back home and decided I was going to read my bible, reflect on some things, and write some things down in my planner.  Well guess what?????  A wave of drowsiness washed over me.....................I had coffee in my hand and I still got so sleepy.  So sleepy that I absolutely had to allow myself to drift off into a slumber.  I had scheduled a workout at my favorite workout spot, Orange Theory.  But I was so sleepy that I was tempted to cancel.  Thanks to Orange Theory you can't cancel, the same day, via their app.  You have to call and even then you might lose your class that you paid for.  They normally have a waiting list for classes.  With that said I forced my butt up and into action to get to my class.  I'm so thankful to Orange Theory and the way they promote accountability, especially during this special time in my life.  See God has me focused