Skip to main content

Vision

Colossians 3:3

3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
Do you know that God has a life planned for you that only You and Him know about?  I can't speak for anyone else, but God has given me a clear vision for my life.  I'm not even talking about ministry.  I'm just talking about God's plan for my day to day life.  The life I'm living now contains some of that vision but I'm not totally living the vision yet.  I'm not totally living the vision yet. But I know I will because it has gone unchanged for the 6 years I've been married to my husband. Even though God uses people in my life to encourage me in the direction He wants me to go in certain areas,  but nobody has ever been able to touch on the vision that God has given about how my family's life on this earth is going to be lived out.  But it's so clear to me I can taste it, I can touch it. 

There are some things you may mention to other people about what God has shown you or put on your heart and it doesn't faze them at all.  When that happens don't be discouraged.  It might be something that God has established just between you and Him.  He might be saying to you that the reason why others can't receive the vision for your life is because:

 Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him. 


God sometimes establishes something just between you and Him and you have to discern that and respect that.  Don't try to get people to understand, don't try to get people to receive. 

For some reason I know what the life of my family is going to grow into and what it's going to look like.  It is amazing!  All I can say is thank you Jesus!  I use to think that what I was seeing was just my own thoughts running wild.  Or some image I had conjured up in my head.  But with every passing year, God shows me it's from Him.  I keep waiting for it to fade, I keep waiting for it to change or settle into something else.  But it just grows stronger and clearer.  It's good to have things that have only been established between you and God.  Because it's one of many factors that adds to the intimacy of your relationship with Our heavenly Father. 

Lord I come to you today knowing that eyes have not seen, nor ear heard what you have prepared for those who love you.  I pray that we, Your people turn to you today for the life.  For that life that is hidden in Christ.  I pray that we would allow you to pour that life into us day by day.  I pray that we would respect and discern the things that are just between You and us, and that we would be blessed by the intimacy it creates.  Thank you Lord!  We serve an intimate God, who shares secrets with us from His treasury!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

When we are troubled................

Have you have let the challenges you face, become a distraction for you?  I have! Matter-a-fact, I'm going through it now.  I hate it when I do that, because when you begin to let your heart become troubled about something, it's not long before fear begins to creeps in as well.    Then I feel like it gets hard to focus on the other things you need to focus on, and it's hard to enjoy the blessings that you have.  There is such a ripple effect when you let challenges trouble you.  It leads to distraction, then, fear, then it starts to rob you of your peace, your joy and if you let it, it can completely consume you.  God tells us to guard our hearts with all diligence.  There are 2 things in the bible that God tells us to guard:  Our hearts and our mouths.  We have to watch what we let come into our hearts and we have to watch what we allow to proceed from our mouths.  Even though we don't ignore challenges, it's important we don't let them take up residence in our

Love & Crisis

I am bursting with stuff to share, but really haven't known if it's the time to share it.  Or even if this is the platform.  There have been some foundational lessons that God has been teaching me.  Gosh, I haven't blogged so long.  I don't know where to start.  I long to connect with my readers on  a more personal level.  I don't know how many of you are married.  But statistically marriages will go through a crisis about every 10 years.  It could be health, financial, loss of a loved one, parenting issues, etc.  My husband and I went through our first crisis last year, and guess what?  Last year was our 10th year of marriage.  Ours was financial.  Honestly, it went on for about 2 years but reached the worst of it last year.  We were in danger of losing our home.  The only reason we are in our home today is because God used our family and our church to help us.  But it was rough for awhile and it truly tested our marriage.  We had the worst arguments of our mar