Skip to main content

Your limitations are blessings

Every season of your life comes with different sets of issues that could potentially fustrate you.  It's so important to live in the moment instead of constantly looking at what's coming next.  We miss out on so many blessing when we don't live in the moment.  I'm one of those people that was always looking for the "next thing".  I pray that I am changing.  Right now I have a 4 year old and a 5 month old and there are situations and challenges that come with this season of life for me.  I went through it when my 4 year old was a baby.  I can't find clothes to wear half the time, laundry's not done most of the time.  Getting clean clothes folded is just way to ambitious for me at this point.  The house is clean enough to be enjoyable most of the time I think.  Oh yeah and keeping myself clean is even a challenge these days.  I'm a stay-at-home mom with a 5 month old and a 4  year old who is also home with me from the time she gets out of school at 12:30.  So yes my hands are full with the kids alone.  Then you add discipling and doing daily devotionals, and learning abc's and 123's into the mix.  But see, it's how we respond to the challenges that matters to God. 

Every season has a test, God tests us to see if we will diligently heed the voice of the Lord our God.  Every season also has the supernatural blessing of God.  God will provide supernaturally for whatever season you are in.  Let me say that again "God will provide supernaturally for whatever you are lacking in whatever season you are in".

Like I said as we go through life and grow and excel in the Lord we are passing through different situations with different sets of problems associated with them.  Will you complain against God or will you diligently heed His voice in your life. 

See we want to fix things ourselves.  We want to accomplish things ourselves.  But God doesn't want that, He wants you to "wait on Him".  Understand this, the limitations we have in our lives are a strong tool that God uses to set boundaries in our lives and to bless us.  These limitations whether it be financial limitations, time limitations, physical limitations are the point at which we have to decrease and Jesus must increase.  These limistations are the lines where we crossover from the natural to the supernatural.  We can't do it in our own strength.  These limitations are the point where God stops getting some of the glory and starts getting all the glory.  See we need these limitations in our lives, God uses them to lead us to Him.  He wants to be there for us and do in our lives exceedingly and abundantly above all the we could ever ask our think, but it will only happen in the spectrum of our own limitations.

Today, do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind in this area.  Change the way you look at your own weaknesses and limitations today.  Instead of looking at them as something negative in your life.  Look at them as the best thing that ever happened to you because it's exactly where your blessing is everyday!!!

Isaiah 40:31

31 But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.
 

2 Corinthians 12:9

9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

If you want power in your life, change the way you view your limitations and weaknesses.  Because the world teaches you that your power lies in your strengths.  But God teaches us that your power is in your weaknesses.  The "world" thinks this is foolishness.  But look at what God has to say about that:

25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

Let God show Himself strong on your behalf.  Stop trying to prove that you are strong.  Let God show Himself strong on your behalf.  Wait on Him.  He is waiting for you to "wait on Him".  God will not move until you stop your striving.  God will not start until you stop.  He is waiting on you to wait on Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

When we are troubled................

Have you have let the challenges you face, become a distraction for you?  I have! Matter-a-fact, I'm going through it now.  I hate it when I do that, because when you begin to let your heart become troubled about something, it's not long before fear begins to creeps in as well.    Then I feel like it gets hard to focus on the other things you need to focus on, and it's hard to enjoy the blessings that you have.  There is such a ripple effect when you let challenges trouble you.  It leads to distraction, then, fear, then it starts to rob you of your peace, your joy and if you let it, it can completely consume you.  God tells us to guard our hearts with all diligence.  There are 2 things in the bible that God tells us to guard:  Our hearts and our mouths.  We have to watch what we let come into our hearts and we have to watch what we allow to proceed from our mouths.  Even though we don't ignore challenges, it's important we don't let them take up residence in our

The best fight ever...............

Marriage.................................It's not easy.  It is a colorful creation full of ups and downs, highs and lows.  And some desperate times.  It cannot be done without God. It is His invention and only He can navigate you through it.  But marriage is worth fighting for.  You don't always have the energy to fight anymore and that's ok.  It's ok to not be ok.  It's ok to not be ok with your marriage.  It's ok to not be ok with your life.  Just know that not being ok, with your marriage, doesn't mean that it's over.  Not being ok, with your life, doesn't mean that its over.   In the last couple weeks I have struggled with temptations of epic magnitude.  God has seen me in my struggle.  Struggling with my emotions.  Struggling with my desires.  Struggling to stay faithful.  He saw me. He didn't look at me and say "I can't believe you are thinking this".  He didn't look at me ans say "I can't believe you are