Skip to main content

Our houses

Matthew 12

Jesus and Beelzebul

22 Then they brought him a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute, and Jesus healed him, so that he could both talk and see. 23 All the people were astonished and said, “Could this be the Son of David?”

24 But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, “It is only by Beelzebul, the prince of demons, that this fellow drives out demons.”

25 Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand. 26 If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand? 27 And if I drive out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your people drive them out? So then, they will be your judges. 28 But if it is by the Spirit of God that I drive out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

29 “Or again, how can anyone enter a strong man’s house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man? Then he can plunder his house.

There are 3 things that stand out to me in the text above
1.  The man was demon possessed, blind, and mute.  He was in a horrible state! Just imagine the torment he was going through.
2.  Our bodies are houses for spirits.  Demons are spirits who use our bodies for their homes, just like the Holy Spirit uses our body for it's home.  In the bible I've heard Jesus refer to a house that is clean and swept but because it is empty, even though it was clean, it was not filled with the Holy Spirit so the demons came back with more demons and the latter state of the man was worst then the former state.  You don't want your body to be cleaned of all spirits, you don't want evil spirits using your  body, you want the Holy Spirit using your body. 
3.  Jesus would not be able to plunder any house that is inhabited by satan unless He had authority over Satan.  Jesus has all authority in His hands.  The bible says that even the demons believe in Him and tremble. 

Remember your body is a house.  Who is living in your house?  Is your body a house for Satan or a temple for the Holy Spirit?

Luke 11

An Unclean Spirit Returns

24 “When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ 25 And when he comes, he finds it swept and put in order. 26 Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

The dirty truth about discipline

I got up this morning, went through the 2 hour process of getting my kids ready for school.  Once they were at school I came back home and decided I was going to read my bible, reflect on some things, and write some things down in my planner.  Well guess what?????  A wave of drowsiness washed over me.....................I had coffee in my hand and I still got so sleepy.  So sleepy that I absolutely had to allow myself to drift off into a slumber.  I had scheduled a workout at my favorite workout spot, Orange Theory.  But I was so sleepy that I was tempted to cancel.  Thanks to Orange Theory you can't cancel, the same day, via their app.  You have to call and even then you might lose your class that you paid for.  They normally have a waiting list for classes.  With that said I forced my butt up and into action to get to my class.  I'm so thankful to Orange Theory and the way they promote accountability, especially during this special time in my life.  See God has me focused

Dead or Alive????

One day, when I was cleaning the kitchen, I had a bunch of stuff in my hand.  Some stuff was trash, that I wanted to throw away, and some stuff was not trash.  Would you believe that I went to the trashcan and tried to throw away trash, while trying to hold on to stuff that wasn't trash, in the same hand.  Who does that?.  When I threw my trash away, immediately I was like "Wait, did I throw something away that wasn't trash?".  Honestly, I didn't know.  Because it all felt the same in that one hand.  I realized that when you are holding onto too much stuff at one time, everything in your hand begins to feel so natural, that it's hard to tell the difference between what you are suppose to be letting go of and what you are suppose to be holding onto. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.  For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Matthew 16:25-26 M