Skip to main content

Peace

I cannot do much with my day until I hear from the Lord.  I cannot stress enough, how much of a blessing it is to allow God to direct your activities of the day.  For me, it all happens right here, with this blog.  The word that God gives me as I write this blog carries me through the day.  It really does.  It makes my day fruitful, it gives me strength and comfort.  I had been talking about Matthew Chapter 12 for the last 3 to 4 days and I had know idea God was going to do this, but He used these last 3 or 4 days to show me through His word, who I should vote for.  God helped me to look beyond policy to the heart of the individuals running for president.  Normally I look at the policies and the position on the different issues,  but this year God lead me to go deeper.  He showed me that He cares more about the people then he does about the policies.  He helped me to see that through how Jesus dealt with the pharisees in Matthew, Chapter 12.  I thank the Lord that He guides me.  He will guide you to if you let Him.  God is faithful and I am a testimony to that.  I have been through some things in my life, serious dark, times.  Times of depression, panic attacks, anxiety.  I have experienced rape and abuse as a child.  God brought me out of all that.  I have walked in the shoes of many women.  There are not too many things out there in the world that I haven't tried or done, trust me.  I will not say I've done it all, but it's very close to it.  Not too many women can come to me with a situation or problem, or behavior in their lives that I haven't had.  Trust me, He is faithful.  He turned my life around.  He has been working in me ever since.  I'm so glad that I can say today that I walk with the King of Kings, Hallelujah! 

My desire for anyone reading this blog is that you have a life inspired by the Holy Spirit.  I want you to have that because it is a peaceful life.  The bible says to seek peace and pursue it.  Many of us are tormented by many worries.  We are unsettled in our lives.  We feel unstable.  The world and the church has us convinced us that our lives are suppose to be going 100mph, running from here to there, doing this and that, and sometimes in the name of the Lord.  If you are at peace with that, maybe that's what God has called you to.  But for those of us who are not at peace with the pace of our lives, this is what the bible says:

1 Thessalonians 4
9 But concerning brotherly love you have no need that I should write to you, for you yourselves are taught by God to love one another; 10 and indeed you do so toward all the brethren who are in all Macedonia. But we urge you, brethren, that you increase more and more; 11 that you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you, 12 that you may walk properly toward those who are outside, and that you may lack nothing.

Psalm 34
11 Come, you children, listen to me;
I will teach you the fear of the Lord.
12 Who is the man who desires life,
And loves many days, that he may see good?
13 Keep your tongue from evil,
And your lips from speaking deceit.
14 Depart from evil and do good;
Seek peace and pursue it.


Isaiah 9:6

New King James Version (NKJV)
6 For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
 

Isaiah 30:15

 
15 For thus says the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel:
“In returning and rest you shall be saved;
In quietness and confidence shall be your strength.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

When we are troubled................

Have you have let the challenges you face, become a distraction for you?  I have! Matter-a-fact, I'm going through it now.  I hate it when I do that, because when you begin to let your heart become troubled about something, it's not long before fear begins to creeps in as well.    Then I feel like it gets hard to focus on the other things you need to focus on, and it's hard to enjoy the blessings that you have.  There is such a ripple effect when you let challenges trouble you.  It leads to distraction, then, fear, then it starts to rob you of your peace, your joy and if you let it, it can completely consume you.  God tells us to guard our hearts with all diligence.  There are 2 things in the bible that God tells us to guard:  Our hearts and our mouths.  We have to watch what we let come into our hearts and we have to watch what we allow to proceed from our mouths.  Even though we don't ignore challenges, it's important we don't let them take up residence in our

Love & Crisis

I am bursting with stuff to share, but really haven't known if it's the time to share it.  Or even if this is the platform.  There have been some foundational lessons that God has been teaching me.  Gosh, I haven't blogged so long.  I don't know where to start.  I long to connect with my readers on  a more personal level.  I don't know how many of you are married.  But statistically marriages will go through a crisis about every 10 years.  It could be health, financial, loss of a loved one, parenting issues, etc.  My husband and I went through our first crisis last year, and guess what?  Last year was our 10th year of marriage.  Ours was financial.  Honestly, it went on for about 2 years but reached the worst of it last year.  We were in danger of losing our home.  The only reason we are in our home today is because God used our family and our church to help us.  But it was rough for awhile and it truly tested our marriage.  We had the worst arguments of our mar