Skip to main content

The Annointing (part 3)

I am so excited in continuing to talk about "the annointing".  It's exciting to know how God has annointed you and to know how He desires to use it.  I stand in a solid place right now in my calling and as I continue to trust God He will lead, Halellujah!

1 Samuel 16


19 Therefore Saul sent messengers to Jesse, and said, “Send me your son David, who is with the sheep.” 20 And Jesse took a donkey loaded with bread, a skin of wine, and a young goat, and sent them by his son David to Saul. 21 So David came to Saul and stood before him. And he loved him greatly, and he became his armorbearer. 22 Then Saul sent to Jesse, saying, “Please let David stand before me, for he has found favor in my sight.” 23 And so it was, whenever the spirit from God was upon Saul, that David would take a harp and play it with his hand. Then Saul would become refreshed and well, and the distressing spirit would depart from him.

Thus far in this chapter, we see that David is annointed King.  We also see that Saul is still King.  Just because you have the annointing doesn't mean you automatically get the position.  Take note, Saul is King, David is not King yet, he has just been annointed.  I'm not taking anything away from the annointing, I'm just saying.......David had to go through some stuff before he actually became King.  Matter-a-fact David had to work for the King before he himself became King.  I'm just saying, don't move too fast in your annointing.  Let God lead, not people.  Look, I have walked down this road.  I know first hand that when you move too fast on your annointing, you will not only hurt yourself but alot of other people.  Which leads me to the point of this text:  You have to allow God to open doors \for you annointing, and don't go trying to make things happen yourself.  God created a need for David in the Palace.  He created a position for him, if you will, but that first position he had was not the position of King.  But God opened the door and King Saul sent for David.  David didn't ask to go the palace, King Saul sent for him.  In those days, you had to obey the King.  I imagine David could of been killed if he said "no".  David didn't go making room for himself, God made room for him.  I've stressed this before and I'll stress it again.  "Don't let PEOPLE" promote you too quickly.  I stress that David was not made King immediately, He was made Saul's armorbearer.  You have to honor God in the position you are in now, if you want promotion.  Let me say something here "God is never in a rush".  That's what I've learned in my walk.  See you notice that the bible refers to Godly men who "walked with God".  Nowhere does the bible mention anybody "running with God"  When Jesus walked this earth, you never see anywhere in the bible that he "ran" anywhere.  Even when Lazarus died, he did not rush to get there and bring him back to life:

John 11

New King James Version (NKJV)

The Death of Lazarus

11 Now a certain man was sick, Lazarus of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha. 2 It was that Mary who anointed the Lord with fragrant oil and wiped His feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick. 3 Therefore the sisters sent to Him, saying, “Lord, behold, he whom You love is sick.”
4 When Jesus heard that, He said, “This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God may be glorified through it.”

5 Now Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus. 6 So, when He heard that he was sick, He stayed two more days in the place where He was. 7 Then after this He said to the disciples, “Let us go to Judea again.”

Not only did Jesus wait two days before journeying back to Judea, but the text implies that he waited because of how much he loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus.  It specifically says "Now Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus. So, when He heard he was sick, He stay 2 more days in the place where he was".  Wow!  When he heard Lazarus was sick he didn't go running back immediately.  The text implies that waiting was an act of love towards Martha, Mary and Lazarus. 

Don't ever try to convince me that God wants me to rush and do anything.  If you can show me in the bible an instance where Jesus was in a rush or God was in a rush, or where any of God's prophets were in a rush, then I might be convinced.  Use wisdom, acknowledge your own tendency toward human error, and give God time to confirm things in you.  These are the reasons why I stand solid in my place of ministry today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

When we are troubled................

Have you have let the challenges you face, become a distraction for you?  I have! Matter-a-fact, I'm going through it now.  I hate it when I do that, because when you begin to let your heart become troubled about something, it's not long before fear begins to creeps in as well.    Then I feel like it gets hard to focus on the other things you need to focus on, and it's hard to enjoy the blessings that you have.  There is such a ripple effect when you let challenges trouble you.  It leads to distraction, then, fear, then it starts to rob you of your peace, your joy and if you let it, it can completely consume you.  God tells us to guard our hearts with all diligence.  There are 2 things in the bible that God tells us to guard:  Our hearts and our mouths.  We have to watch what we let come into our hearts and we have to watch what we allow to proceed from our mouths.  Even though we don't ignore challenges, it's important we don't let them take up residence in our

The best fight ever...............

Marriage.................................It's not easy.  It is a colorful creation full of ups and downs, highs and lows.  And some desperate times.  It cannot be done without God. It is His invention and only He can navigate you through it.  But marriage is worth fighting for.  You don't always have the energy to fight anymore and that's ok.  It's ok to not be ok.  It's ok to not be ok with your marriage.  It's ok to not be ok with your life.  Just know that not being ok, with your marriage, doesn't mean that it's over.  Not being ok, with your life, doesn't mean that its over.   In the last couple weeks I have struggled with temptations of epic magnitude.  God has seen me in my struggle.  Struggling with my emotions.  Struggling with my desires.  Struggling to stay faithful.  He saw me. He didn't look at me and say "I can't believe you are thinking this".  He didn't look at me ans say "I can't believe you are