Skip to main content

Faith coaching........

I believe what happened leading up to the birth of Jesus, still begs further consideration in the wake of the New Year.  I don't know about you, but there are some areas in my life where I really desire change, where I really want to see things fall in order.  I'm going to call out some of those things right now:
1. I want more energy and drive to get things done on a daily basis
2. I want to be able to do more constructive things during the day with my daughter
3.  I want to be able to organize my mind and my thoughts concerning what I need to get done on a daily basis
4.  I want to see order being established in my home by the Holy Spirit
5,  I want to see laundry done, beds made..........
6.  I want to stop being guilt driven
7.  I want fruitless areas of my life to disappear and be cast into the sea.  That's it right there!

I WANT FRUITLESS AREAS OF MY LIFE TO DISAPPEAR AND BE CAST INTO THE SEA!!!!!

Matthew 17:20

New King James Version (NKJV)
20 So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief;[a] for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.

I want to encourage you to get the focus off yourself and look at this scripture.  Look at this scripture without evaluating whether or not you have enough faith. 

Look here Jesus is saying it again 4 chapters later:

Matthew 21:21

New King James Version (NKJV)
21 So Jesus answered and said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ it will be done.

Don't look at yourself, look at Jesus.  Look at what He is saying to you.  Don't look at yourself right now.  The first temptation with a scripture like this is to look at yourself and question whether you have enough faith.  Don't!  Don't consider it!  Just look at Jesus and receive this word! I know I'm suppose to be talking about the Nativity Story but I sense a different direction here.  That's ok.   As you continue reading this blog,  don't you dare consider yourself and your circumstances, just look at Jesus.

Matthew 14:29
29 So He said, “Come.” And when Peter had come down out of the boat, he walked on the water to go to Jesus. 30 But when he saw that the wind was boisterous,[b] he was afraid; and beginning to sink he cried out, saying, “Lord, save me!”

31 And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him, and said to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?” 32 And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased.

Again, don't look at yourself, look at Jesus.  It was no big deal for Peter to walk on water, but what happened when he took his eyes off Jesus.  I believe that when he first got out of the boat he was looking at Jesus as he walked towards him, but when he took his eyes off Jesus for a second, he began to see something else.  Don't look at yourself.  When it comes to faith our biggest mistake is to look at ourselves to try to determine whether we can get it right, even whether we can get our faith right.  Don't you dare look at yourself right now, don't you dare evaluate whether you can get your faith right, keep your eyes on Jesus and look at the scripture below:

Hebrews 12:2

New King James Version (NKJV)
2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Don't you consider your faith, keep your eyes on Jesus, He is writing the story of your faith.  Your faith is His job.  It's not your job.  When you read the scriptures above, don't you dare consider whether you have the faith to receive it.  Jesus is your faith (PERIOD)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

When we are troubled................

Have you have let the challenges you face, become a distraction for you?  I have! Matter-a-fact, I'm going through it now.  I hate it when I do that, because when you begin to let your heart become troubled about something, it's not long before fear begins to creeps in as well.    Then I feel like it gets hard to focus on the other things you need to focus on, and it's hard to enjoy the blessings that you have.  There is such a ripple effect when you let challenges trouble you.  It leads to distraction, then, fear, then it starts to rob you of your peace, your joy and if you let it, it can completely consume you.  God tells us to guard our hearts with all diligence.  There are 2 things in the bible that God tells us to guard:  Our hearts and our mouths.  We have to watch what we let come into our hearts and we have to watch what we allow to proceed from our mouths.  Even though we don't ignore challenges, it's important we don't let them take up residence in our

The best fight ever...............

Marriage.................................It's not easy.  It is a colorful creation full of ups and downs, highs and lows.  And some desperate times.  It cannot be done without God. It is His invention and only He can navigate you through it.  But marriage is worth fighting for.  You don't always have the energy to fight anymore and that's ok.  It's ok to not be ok.  It's ok to not be ok with your marriage.  It's ok to not be ok with your life.  Just know that not being ok, with your marriage, doesn't mean that it's over.  Not being ok, with your life, doesn't mean that its over.   In the last couple weeks I have struggled with temptations of epic magnitude.  God has seen me in my struggle.  Struggling with my emotions.  Struggling with my desires.  Struggling to stay faithful.  He saw me. He didn't look at me and say "I can't believe you are thinking this".  He didn't look at me ans say "I can't believe you are