Skip to main content

Get the "spirit" not the "works" (updated)

I am glad to be back on my blog!  It's been a couple days, but God has taken that time to reaffirm certain things in me.  I am glad to keep breathing life onto the vision that God has given me for my family and home.  Halellujah!  Never be presumptious about how God would choose to package something.  God has deposited so much inside of me since I got saved more than 10 years ago.  He is still pouring such an abundance into me.  Praise God for His inexhaustible supply.  It makes me think of nursing my baby.   My son loves it when the milk comes out in so much quantity that he has to put less work into getting it.  But  when it is not coming out like that and he has to work a little harder to get it,  it upsets him and he cries.  But let me tell you, it's when he has to work harder to get it, that the body responds and continues producing milk in the abundance you need for your child.  Sometimes it's like that with God.  We love it when He is pouring so much in us at one time, and we are getting His word and His spirit in huge quantities.  But there are times when we have to pray a little longer, meditate a little longer, sit a little longer to get what He has for us.  Those times can be upseting just like when my son gets upset, but this is good in order for us to keep getting what we need from God.  It instills something in us that God responds to!  What a blessing that He works it out from all ends!

Real quickly I'm going to share about a revelation God gave me to set me free from something I've been struggling with as a wife and mother for some time.  It's Proverbs 31.  I have prayed for some years about "The Virtuous Wife" as described in the scriptures.  I have experience the condemnation, and hopelessness about being able to live up to that.  Many woman don't even like reading this chapter of proverbs because it condemns.  Who can live up to this woman.  For the last couple years I've been asking God why these passages of scriptures are here, and what should we do with them.  Well, God finally answered, Halellujah!  This is how He gave it to me:

First He took me to Ephesians 1:17
"that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him"

1. Wisdom is a spirit

Then He took me to Proverbs 4
"Wisdom is the principal thing; Therefore get wisdom.  And in all your getting, get understanding.  Exalt her, and she will promote you; She will bring you honor, when you embrace her.

2. Wisdom is a "she"

Then He took me to Proverbs 31:10-31.  He told me that I have been looking at this woman from the perspective of "works".  I was focused on her works.  The law condemns.  Anytime we focus on "works" it's like putting ourselves under the law and that's why women feel condemned when they read this.  The law condemns.  God wants us to look at this women from the perspective of "grace" and not "works".  What He told me was that there is a spirit present here and to focus on the "spirit" and not the works.  It is the spirit that supplied for the works, it was not her own personal ambition, will, or strength.  There is a spirit here.  He showed me that this was suppose to be a representation of all that can take place in our lives if we let the spirit supply.  God is telling us in these scriptures to stop trying to do it within your own will and strength.  This is an example of what can happen when we allow the spirit to supply what we need.  He doesn't want us to get the "works"  He wants us to get the "spirit"

***This is an update to this blog post.  What I wrote in this blog set me free from something i had been struggling with for years as a wife and mother.  I don't want the enemy to steal the power from what was written here.  After I did this blog post, somebody responded with very lengthy comments with alot of scriptures.  It was obvious to me that the enemy was trying to use "knowledge" to rob this post of it's power.  That is not going to happen on this blog.  If this post has set you free,  receive that; and don't let the enemy rob you of the power of this testimony.  The enemy will use "knowledge" to rob your testimony of it's power.  This is my testimony, it has set me free and it will do the same for someone else.

I also feel encouraged to link some other resources to this blog that I have found so encouraging over the lasst couple days.

The Vine News - Wonderful edifying articles for the Body of Christ.  It is actually an online magazine

The Waymakers - Read a great article by this women about what to do while you are waiting
Gifted for Leadership - This blog really spoke to my life as a mom, and I will re-visit it often

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

When we are troubled................

Have you have let the challenges you face, become a distraction for you?  I have! Matter-a-fact, I'm going through it now.  I hate it when I do that, because when you begin to let your heart become troubled about something, it's not long before fear begins to creeps in as well.    Then I feel like it gets hard to focus on the other things you need to focus on, and it's hard to enjoy the blessings that you have.  There is such a ripple effect when you let challenges trouble you.  It leads to distraction, then, fear, then it starts to rob you of your peace, your joy and if you let it, it can completely consume you.  God tells us to guard our hearts with all diligence.  There are 2 things in the bible that God tells us to guard:  Our hearts and our mouths.  We have to watch what we let come into our hearts and we have to watch what we allow to proceed from our mouths.  Even though we don't ignore challenges, it's important we don't let them take up residence in our

The best fight ever...............

Marriage.................................It's not easy.  It is a colorful creation full of ups and downs, highs and lows.  And some desperate times.  It cannot be done without God. It is His invention and only He can navigate you through it.  But marriage is worth fighting for.  You don't always have the energy to fight anymore and that's ok.  It's ok to not be ok.  It's ok to not be ok with your marriage.  It's ok to not be ok with your life.  Just know that not being ok, with your marriage, doesn't mean that it's over.  Not being ok, with your life, doesn't mean that its over.   In the last couple weeks I have struggled with temptations of epic magnitude.  God has seen me in my struggle.  Struggling with my emotions.  Struggling with my desires.  Struggling to stay faithful.  He saw me. He didn't look at me and say "I can't believe you are thinking this".  He didn't look at me ans say "I can't believe you are