Skip to main content

Going deeper in God's word

This blog is really a faith walk for me.  I really don't know what I'm going to say until I start typing.  This blog really feeds me and I pray that it feeds others as well.  There have been a couple scriptures that have really been blessing me this past week.  Some things I've been meditating on.

1 John 4:17

17 Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world.

As I read this scripture, the thing that stood to me was "that we may have boldness in the day of judgement".  Many times as I study the Word of God, certain statements within a scripture jump out at me and resonate on my spirit.  As I meditated on this statement I realized having boldness wasn't something I had yet to do, but rather something that had already been done.  The word "have" in this statement does not come off to mean something we have to do, but rather something that has been given to us, like a gift.  You know how sometimes we say "I have to do this" like "I have to finish my homework" or "I have to go to the store".  This statement is not saying "We have to have boldness".  This is saying we have it!  It's been given to us.  It's there, let it come out!  I had something to share with my church on Sunday about the youth, and I had only spoke this way in a church one other time.  Well I was a little nervous, but as I recalled "that we may have boldness in the day of judgement".  My spirit was quickened and energized to do what I felt God was leading me to do. 

In addition to that, boldness has been given to us in Jesus's finshed work on the cross that in the day of judgement we will have nothing to fear.  Just as we will have nothing to fear in the day of judgement because of Jesus, we have nothing to fear in the world, because of Jesus. 

The other scripture that has really blessed me is below


Zechariah 3:1

3 Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the Angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to oppose him.
 
There is no word in the Word of God that is insignificant.  Everything in there is inspired by God.  I want to say that Satan presents himself along with the sons of  God, which means angels.  Satan is a fallen angel, but he still presents himself with the angels who are not fallen.  The thing that stood out to me about this scripture is "Satan standing at his right hand to oppose him".  Satan was standing at Joshua's right hand to oppose him.  Why does Satan stand at the right hand and not the left hand.  Well, the bible says that Jesus sits at the right hand of God.  It more specifically says that Jesus sits at the right hand of the power.  The right hand signifies power.  It is where Jesus sits and it is where Satan opposes.  There is no insignificant word in scripture and there is a reason why God wanted us to know that Satan was standing at Joshua's right hand.  Sometimes we have thoughts that are negative thoughts.  Thoughts that are worrisome or stressful.  Thoughts that make us question who we are in God.  Thoughts that make us question our purpose.  Thoughts that make us paranoid.  Thoughts that highlight our weaknesses, shortcomings and failures.  When these thoughts come, stop and pay attention to where these accusations are coming from.  Pay attention to your right side.   It is where satan stands to oppose you.  As you consider this, there is good news.  Look at what God does in the midst of Satan standing to oppose Joshua:
 
 2 And the Lord said to Satan, “The Lord rebuke you, Satan! The Lord who has chosen Jerusalem rebuke you! Is this not a brand plucked from the fire?”
3 Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and was standing before the Angel.
4 Then He answered and spoke to those who stood before Him, saying, “Take away the filthy garments from him.” And to him He said, “See, I have removed your iniquity from you, and I will clothe you with rich robes.”
5 And I said, “Let them put a clean turban on his head.”
So they put a clean turban on his head, and they put the clothes on him. And the Angel of the Lord stood by.

God has said that our righteousness is like a filthy rag to him.  So it makes sense that even Joshua, Moses right hand man, was clothed in filthy garments, because even his righteousness was like a filthy rag to God.  For those of you who think you are "good" people, your so called "goodness" is like a filthy rag to God.  Nope, there is only One who is good and that's Jesus!  There is only One who can make you righteous and that's Jesus.  If Joshua was clothed in filthy garments..................well, thank the Lord that even here we see God removing the iniquity (guilt of sin) from Joshua.  Joshua did not stop sinning, God removed it!  and put rich robes on him.  This is a picture of Jesus's work on the cross right here!  Receive the finshed work of Christ into your life.  Let Him remove the stain of sin from you right now, he'll do it. 

Please, be blessed by this word today

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

When we are troubled................

Have you have let the challenges you face, become a distraction for you?  I have! Matter-a-fact, I'm going through it now.  I hate it when I do that, because when you begin to let your heart become troubled about something, it's not long before fear begins to creeps in as well.    Then I feel like it gets hard to focus on the other things you need to focus on, and it's hard to enjoy the blessings that you have.  There is such a ripple effect when you let challenges trouble you.  It leads to distraction, then, fear, then it starts to rob you of your peace, your joy and if you let it, it can completely consume you.  God tells us to guard our hearts with all diligence.  There are 2 things in the bible that God tells us to guard:  Our hearts and our mouths.  We have to watch what we let come into our hearts and we have to watch what we allow to proceed from our mouths.  Even though we don't ignore challenges, it's important we don't let them take up residence in our

Love & Crisis

I am bursting with stuff to share, but really haven't known if it's the time to share it.  Or even if this is the platform.  There have been some foundational lessons that God has been teaching me.  Gosh, I haven't blogged so long.  I don't know where to start.  I long to connect with my readers on  a more personal level.  I don't know how many of you are married.  But statistically marriages will go through a crisis about every 10 years.  It could be health, financial, loss of a loved one, parenting issues, etc.  My husband and I went through our first crisis last year, and guess what?  Last year was our 10th year of marriage.  Ours was financial.  Honestly, it went on for about 2 years but reached the worst of it last year.  We were in danger of losing our home.  The only reason we are in our home today is because God used our family and our church to help us.  But it was rough for awhile and it truly tested our marriage.  We had the worst arguments of our mar