Skip to main content

Jesus is willing, are you ready????

The world holds the Christian Community back in so many ways when it comes to faith.  I challenge Christians all over including myself, to start doing one very specific thing differently this year:  There are some ways in which Jesus wants us to live concerning our faith, that the world cannot receive and that the world would call laziness, complacency, irresponsible, weak. The world believes you have to work hard to get certain things, but the bible says that Jesus did the hard work for us and we just need to rest in that.  The flesh likes hard work, because it gives the flesh something to glory in.  Accomplishment through hard work feeds our pride.  Accomplishment through the finished work of Christ feeds our faith.  I challenge us as a Christian Community to start speaking in the name of Jesus to our sickness, injury, abuse, lust, addiction, laziness, chaos, bills, finances, bank accounts, spirits.  I'm not saying don't do anything.  I'm saying speak before you do, allow the work of the cross to be activated in your life.  The world would look at this as foolishness.  It is foolishness to those who are perishing.  The people of Noah's day thought it was foolish to build a ark.  Think about it...... Noah stopped his life to build an ark.  Him and his family stopped life as they once knew and everybody else once knew and built an ark.  It's time for us to stop living life as we once knew and as everybody else once knew.  This challenge is not for those who are afraid of embarassment.  You cannot be afraid to speak aloud to these things in your life, when peoople are around.  I'm saying that, because I am.  Fear has to leave in the name of Jesus so that we can take hold of what God has for us.  God desires us to live not a "natural life" but a "supernatural life".  A natural life is subject to the laws of nature.  Since Jesus is above the laws of nature, a "supernatural life" defies the laws of nature.  Some people are happy with being subject to the laws of nature.  But I have hit a wall and I need to be able to live outside of time and get some things accomplished on a daily basis that require me to live above the "law".  There is a lot to be done in my life on a daily basis, and it can only be done by the spirit of God because the pile is getting bigger.  It's to big for my mind and my strength. Look at the scriptures below:

Matthew 8

Jesus Heals a Centurion’s Servant

5 Now when Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to Him, pleading with Him, 6 saying, “Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, dreadfully tormented.”

7 And Jesus said to him, “I will come and heal him.”

8 The centurion answered and said, “Lord, I am not worthy that You should come under my roof. But only speak a word, and my servant will be healed. 9 For I also am a man under authority, having soldiers under me. And I say to this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and to another, ‘Come,’ and he comes; and to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.

10 When Jesus heard it, He marveled, and said to those who followed, “Assuredly, I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel! 11 And I say to you that many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. 12 But the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” 13 Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go your way; and as you have believed, so let it be done for you.” And his servant was healed that same hour.

Peter’s Mother-in-Law Healed

14 Now when Jesus had come into Peter’s house, He saw his wife’s mother lying sick with a fever. 15 So He touched her hand, and the fever left her. And she arose and served them.[a]

Many Healed in the Evening

16 When evening had come, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed. And He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were sick, 17 that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying:
He Himself took our infirmities
And bore our sicknesses.”[b]
 
A couple points on the above scriptures
  1. With the Centurian, look how delighted Jesus is with his faith, it says the Jesus "marveled" at His faith.  Jesus marveled at the fact that the centurian said, "only speak a word and my servant shall be healed".  Jesus did not say that, but the centurian said that and it was done according to what he said
  2. What did the Centurian's servant and Peter's mother-in-law do to be healed.............They did nothing.  Jesus did it!
  3. Peter's mother-in-law immediately rose and served them AFTER she was healed.  She didn't serve before she was healed, it was AFTER.  Stopped trying to earn your healing.]
  4. People lined up to get healed and Jesus healed them, why are people not lining up to get healed in churches today?
  5. The bible says "He healed ALL who were sick" that it might be fulfilled through the prophet Isaiah :He Himself took our infirmitiesAnd bore our sicknesses.”[b]

What do we say to these things?  If Jesus is not willing to heal ALL who are sick today then what the prophet Isaiah said will not be fulfilled.  "All" means "all".  This is what God wants fulfilled.  It is the Lord's will.  It is what Jesus did.  Stop disqualifying yourself from being part of the "ALL" who were healed.  Jesus wants to heal us.  He wants to.   If you have Jesus as your Lord and Savior, then He lives in you.  If you call on the name of whatever troubles you, tell it what to do in the name of Jesus and.  Casting it down and bringing it into captivity to the obedience of Christ.  Don't let it hold you let Jesus hold it captive (2 Corinthians 10:5). 

Ephesians 4:8

8 Therefore He says:
“When He ascended on high,
He led captivity captive,
And gave gifts to men.”[a]
 
In 2013 I challenge the real Christians, to start speaking to your problems and telling them to flee in the name of Jesus!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

When we are troubled................

Have you have let the challenges you face, become a distraction for you?  I have! Matter-a-fact, I'm going through it now.  I hate it when I do that, because when you begin to let your heart become troubled about something, it's not long before fear begins to creeps in as well.    Then I feel like it gets hard to focus on the other things you need to focus on, and it's hard to enjoy the blessings that you have.  There is such a ripple effect when you let challenges trouble you.  It leads to distraction, then, fear, then it starts to rob you of your peace, your joy and if you let it, it can completely consume you.  God tells us to guard our hearts with all diligence.  There are 2 things in the bible that God tells us to guard:  Our hearts and our mouths.  We have to watch what we let come into our hearts and we have to watch what we allow to proceed from our mouths.  Even though we don't ignore challenges, it's important we don't let them take up residence in our

The dirty truth about discipline

I got up this morning, went through the 2 hour process of getting my kids ready for school.  Once they were at school I came back home and decided I was going to read my bible, reflect on some things, and write some things down in my planner.  Well guess what?????  A wave of drowsiness washed over me.....................I had coffee in my hand and I still got so sleepy.  So sleepy that I absolutely had to allow myself to drift off into a slumber.  I had scheduled a workout at my favorite workout spot, Orange Theory.  But I was so sleepy that I was tempted to cancel.  Thanks to Orange Theory you can't cancel, the same day, via their app.  You have to call and even then you might lose your class that you paid for.  They normally have a waiting list for classes.  With that said I forced my butt up and into action to get to my class.  I'm so thankful to Orange Theory and the way they promote accountability, especially during this special time in my life.  See God has me focused