Skip to main content

Get coached to your breakthrough

There is something in my spirit that is getting stronger and stronger.  Jesus wants to heal us! And He want to do it now!  This is a continuation from the following blog post:
Jesus is willing, are you ready?

The power of speaking a word. Look at the scriptures below:
Matthew 8

Jesus Heals a Centurion’s Servant

5 Now when Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to Him, pleading with Him, 6 saying, “Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, dreadfully tormented.”

7 And Jesus said to him, “I will come and heal him.”

8 The centurion answered and said, “Lord, I am not worthy that You should come under my roof. But only speak a word, and my servant will be healed. 9 For I also am a man under authority, having soldiers under me. And I say to this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and to another, ‘Come,’ and he comes; and to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.

I want to express the importance of the words that this centerion used.  As we go into the New Year speaking the word of God over all the things that trouble us,  there is a directness that needs to be used, because the weight of the authority of Christ is in  the directness of our speech.  You have to be able to say "Cancer I command you to "Go" in the name of Jesus (period).  Poverty, I command you to "go" in the name of Jesus (period).  Look below:

16 When evening had come, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed. And He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were sick,

I believe the word in which He used to cast out the spirits was simply "Go!" 

The Centurion implies that whatever is under the authority of Jesus, when Jesus says "go" it goes, when Jesus says "come" it must come.  No where in the bible do you see Jesus actually using the word "go" when healing someone?  You don't see it.  However, God wanted us to hear this part of what the centurion said.  He implies something about Jesus that God wants us to receive.  Matter-a-fact I believe this is the lesson that God wanted us to get from this.  Until now, I never understood why the centurion said this or what he meant.  I never even understood what was the big deal about it, but now I do!  Praise Jesus.  I believe Jesus want us to understand through this centurion the importance of the authority of Christ over our problems and what words to use in order to exercise that authority.  This is good coaching!  I also want to highlight that it was the centurion that spoke the words.  Jesus marveled and said
“Go your way; and as you have believed, so let it be done for you". 
What is God trying to say to us in these versus.  I think He is trying to tell us we need to starting getting some things out of our lives by simple telling it to "go" in the name of Jesus. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

When we are troubled................

Have you have let the challenges you face, become a distraction for you?  I have! Matter-a-fact, I'm going through it now.  I hate it when I do that, because when you begin to let your heart become troubled about something, it's not long before fear begins to creeps in as well.    Then I feel like it gets hard to focus on the other things you need to focus on, and it's hard to enjoy the blessings that you have.  There is such a ripple effect when you let challenges trouble you.  It leads to distraction, then, fear, then it starts to rob you of your peace, your joy and if you let it, it can completely consume you.  God tells us to guard our hearts with all diligence.  There are 2 things in the bible that God tells us to guard:  Our hearts and our mouths.  We have to watch what we let come into our hearts and we have to watch what we allow to proceed from our mouths.  Even though we don't ignore challenges, it's important we don't let them take up residence in our

The dirty truth about discipline

I got up this morning, went through the 2 hour process of getting my kids ready for school.  Once they were at school I came back home and decided I was going to read my bible, reflect on some things, and write some things down in my planner.  Well guess what?????  A wave of drowsiness washed over me.....................I had coffee in my hand and I still got so sleepy.  So sleepy that I absolutely had to allow myself to drift off into a slumber.  I had scheduled a workout at my favorite workout spot, Orange Theory.  But I was so sleepy that I was tempted to cancel.  Thanks to Orange Theory you can't cancel, the same day, via their app.  You have to call and even then you might lose your class that you paid for.  They normally have a waiting list for classes.  With that said I forced my butt up and into action to get to my class.  I'm so thankful to Orange Theory and the way they promote accountability, especially during this special time in my life.  See God has me focused