Skip to main content

When God Calls.......

You can't ignore the messages that God sends your way.  They mean something.  Do you ever ask yourself "What if this really means something specific for me?".  I believe the Holy Spirit planted an idea if you will in my heart, something for me to start, a group.  As soon as the Holy Spirit suggested this 'idea for a group".  I was excited, I received it, but then the battle started.  You gotta know, that when God puts it in your spirit to do something, the enemy is going to come at you with every excuse in the book why you shouldn't.  He is going to suggest that it's not necessary, he is going to point out how dificult the process is going to be, he will definitely point you to your past failures.  But the great thing about this process, is that it's confirmation that what you received is really from God.  Our head gets filled with ideas everyday and not all of them are from God.  Well, when you have it in your heart to begin something new in your life, if you don't sense or hear any opposition going on in your mind, then it might not be from God.  But when there is a very real "voice" of opposition that pops up, that's a good indicator that God is leading you.  Even though we can't see Satan, we can hear him.  Normally Satan's voice is not audible, but somehow we hear him.  Just like we normally we don't hear the Holy Spirit in an audible voice, but somehow we hear Him.  Be really sensitive to the non-audible voice of Satan.  Satan will only start opposing you when it's something from God.  He is ultimately opposing God.  He just does it through us.  Even as Satan opposes you, somehow there is a settling in your gut that you know, what God has spoken to your spirit will be done.  Lemme tell you what happened to me.  The day I got this idea to start this special group, that same night I went to do my devotional and the scripture verse was

Judges 6:16

16 And the Lord said to him, “Surely I will be with you, and you shall defeat the Midianites as one man.”

The Lord was saying this to Gideon.  Gideon lived with alot of fear and he saw himself as the weakest man in Israel.   I don't believe God would give me this scripture on this particular day by accident.  I believe He was building me up to do what He is calling me to do.  I'm going to read the story of Gideon right now, because God has something for me in it.  Maybe He has something for you to. Maybe you have been called to do something and the enemy is making you feel like it's either too insignificant or to big for you to accomplish.  Maybe the enemy is telling you that you are not smart enough.  Maybe he is telling you that you have never done anything like this before, or maybe he is reminding you of the times where you thought about this before and you never did anything, or you did something and nothing came of it.  Beloved, whatever the enemy is saying to you right now is a lie to keep you out of God's purpose.  There are many times where we hear the enemy opposing us but we think it's just our own thought process.  No, you don't want to adopt the enemy's thoughts as your thoughts.  When you are getting ready to move forward in something and you sense opposing, degrading, thoughts that remind you of how inadequate you are, stop for a second and realize "this is not me, this is the devil".  Once you realize that, you are in a position to resist him, and he will flee from you.  Once you realize that, it also puts you in a position to keep God's thoughts in your head instead of the devil's thoughts.  At that point you will move forward in what God has called you to do

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

When we are troubled................

Have you have let the challenges you face, become a distraction for you?  I have! Matter-a-fact, I'm going through it now.  I hate it when I do that, because when you begin to let your heart become troubled about something, it's not long before fear begins to creeps in as well.    Then I feel like it gets hard to focus on the other things you need to focus on, and it's hard to enjoy the blessings that you have.  There is such a ripple effect when you let challenges trouble you.  It leads to distraction, then, fear, then it starts to rob you of your peace, your joy and if you let it, it can completely consume you.  God tells us to guard our hearts with all diligence.  There are 2 things in the bible that God tells us to guard:  Our hearts and our mouths.  We have to watch what we let come into our hearts and we have to watch what we allow to proceed from our mouths.  Even though we don't ignore challenges, it's important we don't let them take up residence in our

The best fight ever...............

Marriage.................................It's not easy.  It is a colorful creation full of ups and downs, highs and lows.  And some desperate times.  It cannot be done without God. It is His invention and only He can navigate you through it.  But marriage is worth fighting for.  You don't always have the energy to fight anymore and that's ok.  It's ok to not be ok.  It's ok to not be ok with your marriage.  It's ok to not be ok with your life.  Just know that not being ok, with your marriage, doesn't mean that it's over.  Not being ok, with your life, doesn't mean that its over.   In the last couple weeks I have struggled with temptations of epic magnitude.  God has seen me in my struggle.  Struggling with my emotions.  Struggling with my desires.  Struggling to stay faithful.  He saw me. He didn't look at me and say "I can't believe you are thinking this".  He didn't look at me ans say "I can't believe you are