Skip to main content

Dreams do come true

We live in such a fast paced culture, where we want everything fast and if we don't get it fast, we give up.  In the process of this, many are giving up on theie very dreams.  The dreams that God gives us breathes into our souls everyday.  Our dreams are alive and they help make us alive.  You have to understand that even when you don't feel like you are living out your dream and/or purpose yet, you have to keep thinking about it; year after year.  You might not feel it but there is life there and life that you will soon realize if you don't give up and wait for it.

I have had a dream, a dream about what kind of family life I want to have, how I want to help other mothers, and how I want to contribute to the community.  That dream is in the process of coming to pass right now,  I have thought about these areas of my life for the last 5 years, and have had desires that just never went away.  So I waited as God worked in me and I asked Him every now and again, "Why do I have desires in these areas that just won't go away?  Are you going to do something with them God?"  For years I marinated in these dreams.  I did not share them really with anybody outside God and my husband.  I actually thought is was kind of weird to have such specific desires about family life and such.  But over the past year, God has been suddenly giving a voice to my dreams through the leaders in the Christian community.  All the sudden I'm hearing a Pastor that I don't even know talking about what I've known in my heart all along.  Things I've never heard anyone else say, except myself in the quiet places of my heart. 

I'm sleepy and I don't really feel like blogging right now, but I'm a writer and I want to help people.  I want to be committed to helping God's people.  I don't know who this blog is encouraging.  My daughter said the other day to me, that a dream she had came true at school.  She said that dreams come true if  you believe.  She mentioned Disney World. Then I said that's what Jesus says to, that "if you pray and believe that you will receive what you have prayed for then you will have it".  She said "I don't know how to believe, but I just kept thinking about it and it happened and that's how I believed" Such simple wisdom from 5 years old.  The childlike faith that Jesus wants from all His children. 
Mark 11:24 says "Whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them"

Habakkuk 2:1 says "Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, That he may run who reads it.  For the vision is yet for an appointed time; But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; Because it will surely come, I will not tarry.

We have set down our dreams and ideals because the devil has told us that we can't have it.  We have let todays culture lower our standards for living.  Please reclaim the devil has stolen!  It's yours to take back in the name of Jesus. God can take you back to a place and breakoff every stonghold that has been placed on you.  Sometimes we find ourselves in this broken place not knowing how we got there, or how to put the pieces of ourselves back together.  But God loves putting broken people back together to use for His glory.  Matter-a-fact God only uses broken people. Matter-a-fact only broken people qualify to inherit the Kingdom of God and all His many benefit.  It's only for the broken.  Yes, dream coming true are for those who have been broken. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

When we are troubled................

Have you have let the challenges you face, become a distraction for you?  I have! Matter-a-fact, I'm going through it now.  I hate it when I do that, because when you begin to let your heart become troubled about something, it's not long before fear begins to creeps in as well.    Then I feel like it gets hard to focus on the other things you need to focus on, and it's hard to enjoy the blessings that you have.  There is such a ripple effect when you let challenges trouble you.  It leads to distraction, then, fear, then it starts to rob you of your peace, your joy and if you let it, it can completely consume you.  God tells us to guard our hearts with all diligence.  There are 2 things in the bible that God tells us to guard:  Our hearts and our mouths.  We have to watch what we let come into our hearts and we have to watch what we allow to proceed from our mouths.  Even though we don't ignore challenges, it's important we don't let them take up residence in our

The dirty truth about discipline

I got up this morning, went through the 2 hour process of getting my kids ready for school.  Once they were at school I came back home and decided I was going to read my bible, reflect on some things, and write some things down in my planner.  Well guess what?????  A wave of drowsiness washed over me.....................I had coffee in my hand and I still got so sleepy.  So sleepy that I absolutely had to allow myself to drift off into a slumber.  I had scheduled a workout at my favorite workout spot, Orange Theory.  But I was so sleepy that I was tempted to cancel.  Thanks to Orange Theory you can't cancel, the same day, via their app.  You have to call and even then you might lose your class that you paid for.  They normally have a waiting list for classes.  With that said I forced my butt up and into action to get to my class.  I'm so thankful to Orange Theory and the way they promote accountability, especially during this special time in my life.  See God has me focused