Skip to main content

Burying your talent????

In my daily meditating the scripture that has come to mind is

Matthew 25:29

New King James Version (NKJV)
29 ‘For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away.

The above scripture has been on my mind, because I tend to shrink back from things.  It seems as I move forward in all the areas God has placed on my heart, it starts to get so big and so much that I back away.  I've been noticing a fade out pattern with me.  I think it starts to happen when I start trying to piece together the "how" in God accomplishing certain things through me.  I think I get a little afraid to pursue all that God has on my heart.  I feel like I have my plate full with 2 children; 5yrs and 10months old, a business with my husband and a beautiful home to keep in order.  I feel like as I keep taking steps forward to do what God has placed on my heart, more comes.  If you read the scriptures leading up to the one above, you will find that the servant with 1 talent, buried his instead of using it.  He buried it out of fear.  Look below:

24 “Then he who had received the one talent came and said, ‘Lord, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you have not sown, and gathering where you have not scattered seed. 25 And I was afraid, and went and hid your talent in the ground. Look, there you have what is yours.’
He was afraid and because he was afraid, he buried his talent (also look at how he viewed the Lord. as a hard man. Is that how we view Jesus?).  Look below at what happens as a result:
28 Therefore take the talent from him, and give it to him who has ten talents.
He lost what he had because he didn't do anything with it. 
Do you want to loose what God has given you???  You have to do something with it, or you will.  Here's the thing;  Over the last 4 years or so, God has been working with me.  I knew He wanted me to take a quieter role in my walk and just spend some time listening to Him and giving Him some time to prepare me and heal me.  That's ok, I was not burying my talents.  I knew it was not time for certain things.  However, He has me in a season and He is saying to me NOW!  There are times attached to what the Lord wants to perform in our lives.  There is a scripture that states, that the vision is for an appointed time.  What do you do when the Lord says "now is time".  Do you have the wisdom to discern that the Lord is saying only do part of it?? I don't think so, a vision is a vision.  There comes a time when God says "now".  He is not saying do it partly.  I believe He is saying it's time to step into it completely.  Plus I don't think God does "partial" works.  No I think He is pretty complete.  Below is an example of this.  God told King Saul to go and utterly destroy all the Amalekites and Saul did not detroy all, he only did part of what God commanded.  Check it out:

15 Samuel also said to Saul, “The Lord sent me to anoint you king over His people, over Israel. Now therefore, heed the voice of the words of the Lord. 2 Thus says the Lord of hosts: ‘I will punish Amalek for what he did to Israel, how he ambushed him on the way when he came up from Egypt. 3 Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’”

4 So Saul gathered the people together and numbered them in Telaim, two hundred thousand foot soldiers and ten thousand men of Judah. 5 And Saul came to a city of Amalek, and lay in wait in the valley.

6 Then Saul said to the Kenites, “Go, depart, get down from among the Amalekites, lest I destroy you with them. For you showed kindness to all the children of Israel when they came up out of Egypt.” So the Kenites departed from among the Amalekites. 7 And Saul attacked the Amalekites, from Havilah all the way to Shur, which is east of Egypt. 8 He also took Agag king of the Amalekites alive, and utterly destroyed all the people with the edge of the sword. 9 But Saul and the people spared Agag and the best of the sheep, the oxen, the fatlings, the lambs, and all that was good, and were unwilling to utterly destroy them. But everything despised and worthless, that they utterly destroyed.

Saul Rejected as King

10 Now the word of the Lord came to Samuel, saying, 11 “I greatly regret that I have set up Saul as king, for he has turned back from following Me, and has not performed My commandments.” And it grieved Samuel, and he cried out to the Lord all night. 12 So when Samuel rose early in the morning to meet Saul, it was told Samuel, saying, “Saul went to Carmel, and indeed, he set up a monument for himself; and he has gone on around, passed by, and gone down to Gilgal.” 13 Then Samuel went to Saul, and Saul said to him, “Blessed are you of the Lord! I have performed the commandment of the Lord.”

14 But Samuel said, “What then is this bleating of the sheep in my ears, and the lowing of the oxen which I hear?”

15 And Saul said, “They have brought them from the Amalekites; for the people spared the best of the sheep and the oxen, to sacrifice to the Lord your God; and the rest we have utterly destroyed.”

16 Then Samuel said to Saul, “Be quiet! And I will tell you what the Lord said to me last night.”
And he said to him, “Speak on.”

17 So Samuel said, “When you were little in your own eyes, were you not head of the tribes of Israel? And did not the Lord anoint you king over Israel? 18 Now the Lord sent you on a mission, and said, ‘Go, and utterly destroy the sinners, the Amalekites, and fight against them until they are consumed.’ 19 Why then did you not obey the voice of the Lord? Why did you swoop down on the spoil, and do evil in the sight of the Lord?”

20 And Saul said to Samuel, “But I have obeyed the voice of the Lord, and gone on the mission on which the Lord sent me, and brought back Agag king of Amalek; I have utterly destroyed the Amalekites. 21 But the people took of the plunder, sheep and oxen, the best of the things which should have been utterly destroyed, to sacrifice to the Lord your God in Gilgal.”

22 So Samuel said:
“Has the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices,
As in obeying the voice of the Lord?
Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice,
And to heed than the fat of rams.
23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft,
And stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry.
Because you have rejected the word of the Lord,
He also has rejected you from being king.”
 
When God said "all"; he meant "all".  Not "all, except.............".
Yes, I have a full plate.  But God is telling me to step out now..................I believe He means to step out into all of it.  All of what has been on my heart.  I believe He is telling me that now is not the time to sit on it, it's the time to step out into it.  I believe it is time sensitive.  I guess maybe I need to stop trying to figure out how to step into it and just do it.  See, keep in mind that sometimes stepping out there just means putting yourself out there to others and seeing what God does.  Don't try to work out the logistics.  Trust God to protect you.  When we first step out into our purpose and what God has designed you to do, you have to expect to be clumsy at first and to not really know how things are gonna pan out.  But you have to trust God to create structure and clarity as you step out on faith and trust Him.  One of my main things is my family.  I know that is my first ministry, I know what God has placed on my heart concerning my family.  But hey, if He is the one that gave me my family, shouldn't I trust Him to keep and preserve me in my role as mother and wife.  He is doing it now, why would it change; if He has let me know it's time to step out on some other things.  See, we have to remember sometimes when you step out, nothing might happen for several months, but that's not our concern.  Out part is just to step out there.  Just like Peter stepping out of the boat.  One thing I do know, if God is calling you to do something, He surely will not let you fall on your face.  Take one step at a time, don't get ahead of God.  Just take one step at a time.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

When we are troubled................

Have you have let the challenges you face, become a distraction for you?  I have! Matter-a-fact, I'm going through it now.  I hate it when I do that, because when you begin to let your heart become troubled about something, it's not long before fear begins to creeps in as well.    Then I feel like it gets hard to focus on the other things you need to focus on, and it's hard to enjoy the blessings that you have.  There is such a ripple effect when you let challenges trouble you.  It leads to distraction, then, fear, then it starts to rob you of your peace, your joy and if you let it, it can completely consume you.  God tells us to guard our hearts with all diligence.  There are 2 things in the bible that God tells us to guard:  Our hearts and our mouths.  We have to watch what we let come into our hearts and we have to watch what we allow to proceed from our mouths.  Even though we don't ignore challenges, it's important we don't let them take up residence in our

The best fight ever...............

Marriage.................................It's not easy.  It is a colorful creation full of ups and downs, highs and lows.  And some desperate times.  It cannot be done without God. It is His invention and only He can navigate you through it.  But marriage is worth fighting for.  You don't always have the energy to fight anymore and that's ok.  It's ok to not be ok.  It's ok to not be ok with your marriage.  It's ok to not be ok with your life.  Just know that not being ok, with your marriage, doesn't mean that it's over.  Not being ok, with your life, doesn't mean that its over.   In the last couple weeks I have struggled with temptations of epic magnitude.  God has seen me in my struggle.  Struggling with my emotions.  Struggling with my desires.  Struggling to stay faithful.  He saw me. He didn't look at me and say "I can't believe you are thinking this".  He didn't look at me ans say "I can't believe you are