Skip to main content

The heart, morore than just an organ...........

Today my devotional was John 14:27:

My peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you.  Let not your heart be troubled. Neither let it be afraid.

This is what Jesus said to His disciples and He says it to the Body of Christ today.  In dissecting this scripture it tells me that my heart might try to be troubled, that there is a temptation to be afraid.  But He gives a direct commandment here, not to let your heart go there.  When you feel your heart tip toeing towards being troubled and afraid, reel it on in.  There is absolutely not reason for you to be troubled or afraid, not because you don't have trouble in your life, not because you don't have adversity and trials going on right now, simply because Jesus said so.  If Jesus said "let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid".  Then Jesus is saying there is absolutely no reason on the face of this earth that you should allow yourself to become troubled or afraid.  The bible says to "guard your heart with all diligence, for out of it flows the issues of life".  It is very important that you tend to your heart and take active steps to keep your heart free from trouble and fear.  This means something different for everybody.  But I will tell you that most diseases out here are stress related.  Stress kills people and it is a toxin that makes your body sick.  That is how I see stress now,  I know that when I allow myself to be stress, it is literally putting poison in my body and I'm not going to poison myself with stress.  Stress is a root cause of most illnesses we deal with today.  Guard your heart with all diligence for out of it flows the issues of life.  If you end up with a sick heart, you will also end up with a sick body.  The bible says that out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.  Be careful what you put in your heart and what you allow other people to put in your heart.  Watch your conversations with others, make sure they don't poison your heart.  Guard your heart with all diligence for out of it flows the issues of life.  If you have a healthy heart, you will have a healthy body.  The heart is such an amazing organ that God made. God refers to the heart many times in the bible, which should tell you that this is a physical organ with a major spiritual function in our lives.  The heart is a physical organ with a major spiritual function in our lives.  Some people just look at the heart as an organ, but it is so much more than that according to the word of God.  Read up on what God says about the heart in your bible.  Be blessed and guard your heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

When we are troubled................

Have you have let the challenges you face, become a distraction for you?  I have! Matter-a-fact, I'm going through it now.  I hate it when I do that, because when you begin to let your heart become troubled about something, it's not long before fear begins to creeps in as well.    Then I feel like it gets hard to focus on the other things you need to focus on, and it's hard to enjoy the blessings that you have.  There is such a ripple effect when you let challenges trouble you.  It leads to distraction, then, fear, then it starts to rob you of your peace, your joy and if you let it, it can completely consume you.  God tells us to guard our hearts with all diligence.  There are 2 things in the bible that God tells us to guard:  Our hearts and our mouths.  We have to watch what we let come into our hearts and we have to watch what we allow to proceed from our mouths.  Even though we don't ignore challenges, it's important we don't let them take up residence in our

The best fight ever...............

Marriage.................................It's not easy.  It is a colorful creation full of ups and downs, highs and lows.  And some desperate times.  It cannot be done without God. It is His invention and only He can navigate you through it.  But marriage is worth fighting for.  You don't always have the energy to fight anymore and that's ok.  It's ok to not be ok.  It's ok to not be ok with your marriage.  It's ok to not be ok with your life.  Just know that not being ok, with your marriage, doesn't mean that it's over.  Not being ok, with your life, doesn't mean that its over.   In the last couple weeks I have struggled with temptations of epic magnitude.  God has seen me in my struggle.  Struggling with my emotions.  Struggling with my desires.  Struggling to stay faithful.  He saw me. He didn't look at me and say "I can't believe you are thinking this".  He didn't look at me ans say "I can't believe you are