Skip to main content

Marriage as women

I'm so excited about this particular blog post because of how marriage plays such a major role in understanding our relationship with Christ.  I also know as women we experience marriage differently than men.  That's the way God designed it.  It is so beautiful.  Keep in mind that our husbands are the head and represent the role of Christ to the church, in our homes.  I'm still absorbing this truth from God's word, but the more I line myself up with this truth in my marriage, the more joy I have in my marriage. One of the major things that the Holy Spirit has kept on my heart concerning marriage is to allow my expectations that I place on myself to line up with my husband.  There have been many a times where I have overwhelmed myself with demands.  Those expectations I have placed on myself did not come from God or my husband.  But when I relax and allow my husband and God to be my guide in terms of the demands I place on myself, I never get overwhelmed.  I am learning to rest in my husband just as I rest in Christ.  I am learning to enjoy my relationship with my husband as I enjoy my relationship with Christ.

Very important to appreciate being able to experience these relationships uniquely as a woman.  A women's physical body speaks proportions about how a women responds to relationships and the way she responds to life in general.  It's definitely worth some exploration.  We are fearfully and wonderfully made.  Why not explore that???  What is one major thing physically that makes us different from a man?  I would say the fact that we can carry, nourish and give birth to babies from our bodies is pretty major.  One thing that has been on my heart in terms of not placing unrealistic demands on myself, is to operate how God designed me to operate naturally.  What do we do well, naturally, as women?.  We carry things on the inside of us.  As women we can carry a lot more weight on the inside of us than men can.  We are designed that way physical and therefore we are designed that way spiritually as well.  Men, are physically designed to carry more on the outside.  Women are designed to carry more on the inside.  Men, when presented with a problem or issue, they are naturally inclined to want to fix it right then and there.  While women, like to think about things, ponder things.  It takes us a little longer to make decisions.  God designed us that way.  If you read in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.  You will notice it says on a few occasions that Mary, the mother of Jesus, carried things in her heart.  It didn't say Joseph did that, it said Mary did that.  We as women, nurture things and ideas that reside on the inside of us.  Just like we nurture babies as they grow and develop on the inside.  That's why men don't understand us, because many things happen on the inside of us, where nobody can see.  We don't even show right away as a baby is growing inside of us.  Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean that there is nothing there.  Exercise liberty to allow things to marinate, brew, and be nourished on the inside.  When it's time for others to see it, God will bring it out.

I want to stay with the word "nourish" for a moment.  We are designed to nourish and feed things.  This is starting to change the way I do everything, even teach my kids.  As women we have a enormous capacity to understand the unique needs of individuals.  Because God designed us to "nourish"  it is part of our purpose as women.  In marriage,  I'm trying to step back and focus more on nourishing my family than anything else.  I'm praying and asking God to help me to begin to walk totally and completely in my power, natural & supernatural ability to nourish.  When my husband comes home from work, he should get nourished by me in whatever way he needs everyday.  I should be able to feed him in so many capacities.  I should be able to give him what he needs to continue to grow and blossom in the Lord.  Continued tomorrow................

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

When we are troubled................

Have you have let the challenges you face, become a distraction for you?  I have! Matter-a-fact, I'm going through it now.  I hate it when I do that, because when you begin to let your heart become troubled about something, it's not long before fear begins to creeps in as well.    Then I feel like it gets hard to focus on the other things you need to focus on, and it's hard to enjoy the blessings that you have.  There is such a ripple effect when you let challenges trouble you.  It leads to distraction, then, fear, then it starts to rob you of your peace, your joy and if you let it, it can completely consume you.  God tells us to guard our hearts with all diligence.  There are 2 things in the bible that God tells us to guard:  Our hearts and our mouths.  We have to watch what we let come into our hearts and we have to watch what we allow to proceed from our mouths.  Even though we don't ignore challenges, it's important we don't let them take up residence in our

The dirty truth about discipline

I got up this morning, went through the 2 hour process of getting my kids ready for school.  Once they were at school I came back home and decided I was going to read my bible, reflect on some things, and write some things down in my planner.  Well guess what?????  A wave of drowsiness washed over me.....................I had coffee in my hand and I still got so sleepy.  So sleepy that I absolutely had to allow myself to drift off into a slumber.  I had scheduled a workout at my favorite workout spot, Orange Theory.  But I was so sleepy that I was tempted to cancel.  Thanks to Orange Theory you can't cancel, the same day, via their app.  You have to call and even then you might lose your class that you paid for.  They normally have a waiting list for classes.  With that said I forced my butt up and into action to get to my class.  I'm so thankful to Orange Theory and the way they promote accountability, especially during this special time in my life.  See God has me focused