Skip to main content

Enjoying God, "Creation's" History

Genesis 1:3-5
Then God said, "Let there be light; and there was light and God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and darkness He called Night  So the evening and the morning were the first day.

Wow, the first day of creation!!!  God called this the first day.  The first day of what.  Not the first day of the "week", not the first day of the "month", not the first day of the year, the first day of all creation.  God is allowing us to witness the first day of all creation and what happened on that first day.  The 1st couple verses of Genesis talks about how "darkness" was on the face of the deep.  Darkness is a loaded word, that implies a lot.  In the beginning there was already darkness.  God did not create darkness.  Because it says in the 1st couple verses of scripture that "darkness was on the face of the deep".  But God did create the light!  From the beginning we see how God responds to darkness.  It says that the earth "without form and void and darkness was on the face of the deep". 
But the "spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters".  What did the "spirit of God" do?  "Hovered", "said", "saw", "divided", and "called" and so it was.  I wonder what made "the spirit of God" decide that this was the day that He was going to create the heavens and the earth?  It seems He hadn't created anything before this.  But maybe He did, but I don't know because the bible calls the creation of the heaven and the earth, "the beginning".  The beginning of what?  The beginning of everything!1.  God calls it the beginning.  If He was here in the beginning, He has no beginning and no end.  What was He doing before "creation"?  I don't know but I will certainly ask Him when I get to heaven.  To fathom that before "our world".  There was this "spirit of God"............just here and that this is all truly His creation.  We are truly His!!  This is all His, "all the earth and the fullness thereof" Nobody can take credit for it or us.  You have to give God the glory, it is truly all His!!

My mind now wonders who was this "Spirit of God" what was He like?  He created such beauty!!  I think about the fact that He created light.  The fact that He said "let there be light" and there was light tells me the He is light!!  He couldn't of spoke it into existence if it didn't exist in Him.  When you look around at nature, flowers, beautiful creatures;  it says a lot about who this "Spirit of God" is and what He is like.  All good things come from Him!!!  Even from the beginning He was good!! and He produced good things. 

I can just imagine silence and or maybe the sound of raging waters.  Either way, the first voice every spoken.   Or maybe it was silence, and the first sound ever, was God's voice. 

It says in Genesis 1:3-5 that "God divided the light from the darkness.  Was it together?  What did that look like I wonder?  I mean when He created us, He had already divided it into day and night.  But it wasn't always that way.  But it says the God said "let there be light".  I doesn't appear as if God created the darkness.  It seems that the darkness existed because God had had not yet spoken.  Maybe that's why He separated the "light" from the "dark".  Because according to the text He did not say "let there be darkness"  He did not speak darkness, but He spoke light.  I would go as far as to say the reason we have "day" and "night is because darkness is not part of His creation.  Again, I say darkness as we know it does not contain the true meaning in the scriptures.  We connect darkness with "night".  The "night" is part of God's creation.  Because it is the division He created.  Darkness does not mean "night".  Before God even started to speak the heaven and earth into existence, He says "Darkness" was on the face of the deep.   It means something more.  Since He said "darkness" was on the face of the deep, imagine that true meaning of darkness is pretty deep.  I just wondered what it was like before He divide the light from the darkness?
 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

When we are troubled................

Have you have let the challenges you face, become a distraction for you?  I have! Matter-a-fact, I'm going through it now.  I hate it when I do that, because when you begin to let your heart become troubled about something, it's not long before fear begins to creeps in as well.    Then I feel like it gets hard to focus on the other things you need to focus on, and it's hard to enjoy the blessings that you have.  There is such a ripple effect when you let challenges trouble you.  It leads to distraction, then, fear, then it starts to rob you of your peace, your joy and if you let it, it can completely consume you.  God tells us to guard our hearts with all diligence.  There are 2 things in the bible that God tells us to guard:  Our hearts and our mouths.  We have to watch what we let come into our hearts and we have to watch what we allow to proceed from our mouths.  Even though we don't ignore challenges, it's important we don't let them take up residence in our

The best fight ever...............

Marriage.................................It's not easy.  It is a colorful creation full of ups and downs, highs and lows.  And some desperate times.  It cannot be done without God. It is His invention and only He can navigate you through it.  But marriage is worth fighting for.  You don't always have the energy to fight anymore and that's ok.  It's ok to not be ok.  It's ok to not be ok with your marriage.  It's ok to not be ok with your life.  Just know that not being ok, with your marriage, doesn't mean that it's over.  Not being ok, with your life, doesn't mean that its over.   In the last couple weeks I have struggled with temptations of epic magnitude.  God has seen me in my struggle.  Struggling with my emotions.  Struggling with my desires.  Struggling to stay faithful.  He saw me. He didn't look at me and say "I can't believe you are thinking this".  He didn't look at me ans say "I can't believe you are