Skip to main content

Struggling with faith??

Timothy 4:14 tells us the we should not neglect the gift that is in us.  I have not posted in awhile, but I know that God usually shares a word to somebody through me.  I did not want to neglect that gift.  I have been reading and posting about the book of Genesis.  I plan on writing about some things that have been standing out to me.  I pray that this strengthens your faith.  Genesis is a book about beginnings, so it's a great book to read if you are beginning anything new in your life.  I love that Genesis really takes us back to the beginning of "The Faith" that we hold in Jesus Christ. 

In Genesis we are introduced to a man named Abraham.  Honestly, Abraham doesn't really do anything major himself in the scriptures but God does amazing things through Him.  When you read about His life, you see him traveling but he also spends a lot of resting under a particular tree.  He has an issue with lying about Sarah being his sister, because of fear that he struggles with.  Abraham is very relatable.  He was God's chosen instrument to father us all according to Romans 4:16. God told him that he would be a father to many nations when he had no children and was very old.  But that is not the amazing part of this, the amazing part is that God told him this would begin with a seed that he would impregnate his wife with.  That was the amazing part, Sarah was in her 90s and past child bearing age.  That's where the faith came in. See men can father children for as long as they are alive.  The faith came in because it would happen through Sarah.  It wasn't necessarily faith that God would work a miracle through him as much as it was faith that God would work a miracle through his wife.  Wow, so this is how the "Christian faith" started.  It says because he believed in the Lord, it was accounted to him for righteousness.  Right here in the book of Genesis you see the first act of righteousness by faith.  You also see that the miracle was that Sarah would carry his seed.  Just as the miraculous birth of Christ, that Mary who had never been with a man would carry a seed and give birth to the Savior of the World.  2 women, 2 seeds, 2 miracles. 

Abraham is the father of  the "Christian Faith".  It was the 1st mention in the bible of "righteousness by faith".  "1st mentions" in the bible are very important.  There is no such thing as Old Testament or New Testament Christians.  The Christian Faith did not start in the New Testament, it started in the book of Genesis.  There are images of Christ throughout the whole bible.  The whole bible is about Jesus Christ.

Look at how Abraham and his "righteousness by faith" comes up again in the New Testament:
Philippians 3:9 - and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith (sounds like what Abraham had);

I think it's also important to know that "righteousness by faith" came before "the law".  The law was never able to save, not in the beginning and not in the end. 

If you are struggling in any area of your faith,  go to the book of Genesis and see where the Christian faith began.  Start Abraham

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

No more feeling trapped

When I first started being a full-time homemaker, it became a snare to me.  I was very hard on myself and put alot of expectations on myself that were not from God.  My husband would get up early in the morning and go to work and I always felt like I couldn't sleep late.  Not that I got up with him but I remember feeling guilty if I slept past like 9:00am.  Honestly, I felt guilty doing alot of things.  Things that if I could of done freely, I would probably be a lot further then I am now in my writing and other giftings that God has given me.  I spent 2 days a week at home cleaning.  The other 3 days, I struggled.  When I would go to the bookstore to read, I felt guilty.  I would think "Is it fair that I get to relax at the bookstore while my husband out working to provide for us?".  Sometimes I would want to go to the Amish market and eat breakfast.  They had a restaurant in the Amish market with great breakfast.  I would think "Is it fair that I should spend mo

When we are troubled................

Have you have let the challenges you face, become a distraction for you?  I have! Matter-a-fact, I'm going through it now.  I hate it when I do that, because when you begin to let your heart become troubled about something, it's not long before fear begins to creeps in as well.    Then I feel like it gets hard to focus on the other things you need to focus on, and it's hard to enjoy the blessings that you have.  There is such a ripple effect when you let challenges trouble you.  It leads to distraction, then, fear, then it starts to rob you of your peace, your joy and if you let it, it can completely consume you.  God tells us to guard our hearts with all diligence.  There are 2 things in the bible that God tells us to guard:  Our hearts and our mouths.  We have to watch what we let come into our hearts and we have to watch what we allow to proceed from our mouths.  Even though we don't ignore challenges, it's important we don't let them take up residence in our