Skip to main content

Who to believe????

*Your profit is not according to what you can do but according to what God can provide.

Many times as business owners we are grappling with one of 2 issues or both:
  1. Will somebody actually pay me for my service or product???
  2. How do I get customers?     
These are the initial questions when someone is first getting started in the marketplace.  I think initially going in, it can be very "self-focused".  Lets say we have an appointment with a potential customer or we are going from door to door selling our product.  In the beginning your mind is racing with things like:

1.  What if they don't like my product?
2.  What if they are not interested in my service?
3.  How do I get them to even talk to me and not brush me off?
4.  What if I make a mistake during my presentation or forget something?
5.   What if they have a question that I don't know how to answer?
6.  What if they don't like the way I look or how I speak?
7.  What if they don't like me??
8.  What if I cannot deliver what I claim to be able to deliver?

WHAT IF I FAIL?

How do we use God's word to address these insecurities we all experience in business.  First lets see if you actually believe God.  Keep in mind  Numbers 23:19, which says "God is not a man, the He should lie". Titus 1:2 says the God cannot lie.  God only has truth, He is not capable of lying.  He can only give what He has and He only has truth. It is impossible for God to lie.  Remember what Jesus said in John 8:32 He says that "You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free".

 Where does the whole concept of lying come from?  If it didn't come from God, how did it come into the world?  Lets see, John 8:44 says that the devil is a liar and the father of it.  It also says that when the devil speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources and there is no truth in him.  Now if "the truth" makes you free, what does a lie do to you?

Let's go back to the Garden of Eden where the first human beings lived (Adam and Eve) let's examine what happened when the "father of lies" stepped on the scene.  We are going to look at 2 opposing statements made in the Garden of Eden not long after the creation of man:

Genesis 2:16,17 (God's instruction to Adam)-" And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.” 
Now let's look at what Satan had to say about this:

Genesis 3:1-4 Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said to the woman, “Has God indeed said, ‘You shall not eat of every tree of the garden’?” And the woman said to the serpent, “We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden; but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, ‘You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.’” Then the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die."

Right here you have 2 opposing statements.  God says you will die, Satan says you won't.  Who was telling the truth?  Well Adam and Eve ate the fruit, lets look at what happened after that.  Let's see who was telling the truth.

Genesis 3:22-23 Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever”— therefore the Lord God sent him out of the garden of Eden to till the ground from which he was taken. 

Adam and Eve believed "the serpent" instead of believing God and they were cut off from being able to eat from the tree of life, so they could live forever.  Death enters. One of the trees that God told them they could freely eat from was the tree of life.  Believing "the lie" that Satan told them
Got them kicked out of the garden and cut off from the great life God had originally planned for them.

Believing lies can cause you to be cut off from the great life God has planned for you.

There you have it.  according to the bible, the truth originates from God and the lie originates from the devil.  We want to bring the truth into our businesses. So now lets address our insecurities with God's truth.    Coming on the next blog post.  Stay tuned....................




                                                          

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

When we are troubled................

Have you have let the challenges you face, become a distraction for you?  I have! Matter-a-fact, I'm going through it now.  I hate it when I do that, because when you begin to let your heart become troubled about something, it's not long before fear begins to creeps in as well.    Then I feel like it gets hard to focus on the other things you need to focus on, and it's hard to enjoy the blessings that you have.  There is such a ripple effect when you let challenges trouble you.  It leads to distraction, then, fear, then it starts to rob you of your peace, your joy and if you let it, it can completely consume you.  God tells us to guard our hearts with all diligence.  There are 2 things in the bible that God tells us to guard:  Our hearts and our mouths.  We have to watch what we let come into our hearts and we have to watch what we allow to proceed from our mouths.  Even though we don't ignore challenges, it's important we don't let them take up residence in our

Love & Crisis

I am bursting with stuff to share, but really haven't known if it's the time to share it.  Or even if this is the platform.  There have been some foundational lessons that God has been teaching me.  Gosh, I haven't blogged so long.  I don't know where to start.  I long to connect with my readers on  a more personal level.  I don't know how many of you are married.  But statistically marriages will go through a crisis about every 10 years.  It could be health, financial, loss of a loved one, parenting issues, etc.  My husband and I went through our first crisis last year, and guess what?  Last year was our 10th year of marriage.  Ours was financial.  Honestly, it went on for about 2 years but reached the worst of it last year.  We were in danger of losing our home.  The only reason we are in our home today is because God used our family and our church to help us.  But it was rough for awhile and it truly tested our marriage.  We had the worst arguments of our mar