Skip to main content

What is letting go

A dear friend of mine caused me to question today, what it really means to let go.  Even though I hate to spend times talking about Satan, if it's to my advantage I will.  I have noticed that the area where the devil attacks me most is where it concerns my children.  These are mental attacks. But I also am always concerned about whether or not I am giving my kids what they need in every area.  I'm starting to wonder if that "concern" or is it worry, but I started to ask myself "Is that concern a doorway for Satan.  I noticed He always hits me right there, making me feel inadequate and even producing feelings of fear when it comes to my role as a mother.  It's almost like I start having conversations with myself about how I am mothering and then Satan joins the conversation.  It starts with me, but it seems I am giving him ammunition  to oppress me in this area.  While these episodes are short lived, they tend to happen pretty frequently.  Today I started wondering about the phrase "Letting go and letting God".  I wonder if since the enemy constantly comes at me in this area, that maybe I need to go in an extreme opposite way; in the way I think in this area.  The only way I can remove any ammunition, in this area, that the enemy might use against me is to starve him.  Sometimes we think it's ok, as believers to dabble a little bit in worry.  Even "concern" seems noble.  That's what I kept telling myself.  But there were occasions in the bible where Jesus said "do not worry" and "do not let your heart be troubled",  I tend to dabble in these things a little bit, even though Jesus told me not to, I find that when I do allow my heart to be troubled or allow myself to engage in a little bit of worry, here comes the devil beating me down with it.  The area of motherhood, it is so evident for me of this work of the enemy.  Look at the scripture below:

1 Peter 5

Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
Be sober, be vigilant; because[c] your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

Notice after it says cast your cares upon God, it talks about how the devil walks about seeking whom he may devour.  I have decided that in the area that the devil attacks me the most, I am going to go to the extreme opposite of worry. No more ammunition for the devil. Every time I feel my thoughts bordering on worry or being troubled, even if it's disguised as concern;  I will not indulge, even dabble a little in it,  I will resist immediately and cast my cares on God.  I can only do this through the help of God's Holy Spirit.  I'm praying the Holy Spirit will help me identify these troubling thoughts quickly. so I can cast them on God.   I think the problem sometimes, is that our thoughts can kind of take us on a tangent before we have identified them.  We don't always recognize, where a seemingly reasonable thought can lead to worry or being troubled.  We just don't know it at the time, until we are confessing certain things out our mouth.  Like I find that I will start saying things like "I don't feel like I'm doing enough with Carson (my 2 yr old son).  Or I'll say "I feel so inadequate". I find that my thoughts go on a tangent, then the devil enters the conversation and says thing like "You are inadequate for your children" or "You are not doing enough at home with your son".  Then I just confess exactly what I hear.  No more, with the Holy Spirit's help I can shoot down those wrong thoughts, in Jesus's name.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

When we are troubled................

Have you have let the challenges you face, become a distraction for you?  I have! Matter-a-fact, I'm going through it now.  I hate it when I do that, because when you begin to let your heart become troubled about something, it's not long before fear begins to creeps in as well.    Then I feel like it gets hard to focus on the other things you need to focus on, and it's hard to enjoy the blessings that you have.  There is such a ripple effect when you let challenges trouble you.  It leads to distraction, then, fear, then it starts to rob you of your peace, your joy and if you let it, it can completely consume you.  God tells us to guard our hearts with all diligence.  There are 2 things in the bible that God tells us to guard:  Our hearts and our mouths.  We have to watch what we let come into our hearts and we have to watch what we allow to proceed from our mouths.  Even though we don't ignore challenges, it's important we don't let them take up residence in our

The best fight ever...............

Marriage.................................It's not easy.  It is a colorful creation full of ups and downs, highs and lows.  And some desperate times.  It cannot be done without God. It is His invention and only He can navigate you through it.  But marriage is worth fighting for.  You don't always have the energy to fight anymore and that's ok.  It's ok to not be ok.  It's ok to not be ok with your marriage.  It's ok to not be ok with your life.  Just know that not being ok, with your marriage, doesn't mean that it's over.  Not being ok, with your life, doesn't mean that its over.   In the last couple weeks I have struggled with temptations of epic magnitude.  God has seen me in my struggle.  Struggling with my emotions.  Struggling with my desires.  Struggling to stay faithful.  He saw me. He didn't look at me and say "I can't believe you are thinking this".  He didn't look at me ans say "I can't believe you are