Skip to main content

Your lack

This whole issue of holding on to stuff has been on my mind.  I am
Finding myself in need in a couple areas. It seems the more I hold on to what I have, it seems the more I lose.  Do you know that this applies to more than money. This applies to "time", "energy", etc.  Lately I have been thinking about how Jesus remedies our "lack".  "Well, Jesus I feel like I don't have enough time to do what I need to do.  What do You say to that?".  I hear Jesus saying "Give away more time."  Don't get me wrong, there are times when I know, taking more timeout for yourself, is the answer.  But I feel like Jesus is telling me right now "if you want to get more, you have to give more".  If I don't give more, then even what little I have will escape me.  We are not able to preserve what we have. It is hard to give more when you feel like what you have is not even enough.  The way God works is that you have to invest what you have to multiply it.  

1 Kings 17:8, 10-16 Then the word of the Lord came to him, saying, So he arose and went to Zarephath. And when he came to the gate of the city, indeed a widow was there gathering sticks. And he called to her and said, “Please bring me a little water in a cup, that I may drink.” And as she was going to get it, he called to her and said, “Please bring me a morsel of bread in your hand.” So she said, “As the Lord your God lives, I do not have bread, only a handful of flour in a bin, and a little oil in a jar; and see, I am gathering a couple of sticks that I may go in and prepare it for myself and my son, that we may eat it, and die.” And Elijah said to her, “Do not fear; go and do as you have said, but make me a small cake from it first, and bring it to me; and afterward make some for yourself and your son. For thus says the Lord God of Israel: ‘The bin of flour shall not be used up, nor shall the jar of oil run dry, until the day the Lord sends rain on the earth.’” So she went away and did according to the word of Elijah; and she and he and her household ate for many days. The bin of flour was not used up, nor did the jar of oil run dry, according to the word of the Lord which He spoke by Elijah. 

Luke 19:12-26 Therefore He said: “A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and to return. So he called ten of his servants, delivered to them ten minas, and said to them, ‘Do business till I come.’ But his citizens hated him, and sent a delegation after him, saying, ‘We will not have this man to reign over us.’ “And so it was that when he returned, having received the kingdom, he then commanded these servants, to whom he had given the money, to be called to him, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading. Then came the first, saying, ‘Master, your mina has earned ten minas.’ And he said to him, ‘Well done, good servant; because you were faithful in a very little, have authority over ten cities.’ And the second came, saying, ‘Master, your mina has earned five minas.’ Likewise he said to him, ‘You also be over five cities.’ “Then another came, saying, ‘Master, here is your mina, which I have kept put away in a handkerchief. For I feared you, because you are an austere man. You collect what you did not deposit, and reap what you did not sow.’ And he said to him, ‘Out of your own mouth I will judge you, you wicked servant. You knew that I was an austere man, collecting what I did not deposit and reaping what I did not sow. Why then did you not put my money in the bank, that at my coming I might have collected it with interest?’ “And he said to those who stood by, ‘Take the mina from him, and give it to him who has ten minas.’ But they said to him, ‘Master, he has ten minas.’ ‘For I say to you, that to everyone who has will be given; and from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

When we are troubled................

Have you have let the challenges you face, become a distraction for you?  I have! Matter-a-fact, I'm going through it now.  I hate it when I do that, because when you begin to let your heart become troubled about something, it's not long before fear begins to creeps in as well.    Then I feel like it gets hard to focus on the other things you need to focus on, and it's hard to enjoy the blessings that you have.  There is such a ripple effect when you let challenges trouble you.  It leads to distraction, then, fear, then it starts to rob you of your peace, your joy and if you let it, it can completely consume you.  God tells us to guard our hearts with all diligence.  There are 2 things in the bible that God tells us to guard:  Our hearts and our mouths.  We have to watch what we let come into our hearts and we have to watch what we allow to proceed from our mouths.  Even though we don't ignore challenges, it's important we don't let them take up residence in our

The dirty truth about discipline

I got up this morning, went through the 2 hour process of getting my kids ready for school.  Once they were at school I came back home and decided I was going to read my bible, reflect on some things, and write some things down in my planner.  Well guess what?????  A wave of drowsiness washed over me.....................I had coffee in my hand and I still got so sleepy.  So sleepy that I absolutely had to allow myself to drift off into a slumber.  I had scheduled a workout at my favorite workout spot, Orange Theory.  But I was so sleepy that I was tempted to cancel.  Thanks to Orange Theory you can't cancel, the same day, via their app.  You have to call and even then you might lose your class that you paid for.  They normally have a waiting list for classes.  With that said I forced my butt up and into action to get to my class.  I'm so thankful to Orange Theory and the way they promote accountability, especially during this special time in my life.  See God has me focused