Skip to main content

Power is necessity

I'm learning more and more that there is this place that we all need to get to on a daily basis, but it is so difficult.  Life fights us getting there.  So many things work against it.  Maybe I should use the word "fight" against it.  This place is the "secret place".  God is showing me that "the secret place" is the most important place in my life.  I use to think, the secret place was inside me, but it is a outer, geographical place that will cultivate a "secret place" on the inside of us.

Psalm 91:1 - He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

God is showing me that it is vital that I get alone with Him, daily.  He is showing me that my power in the daytime comes from what I do in "secret".  I just sense this urgency and a growing importance inside of me that I need to start getting up early in the morning and meeting with God.  I just have this feeling that everything I need is there in that physical place that I choose to meet God every morning before "my world" wakes up.  I sense my "power" going to come out of that place, "my peace" is going to come out of that place and "my supply" is going to come out of that place.  I sense God telling me that I need to prepare that place somewhere in my home.  That I need to make "preparing" this place a priority.  It needs to be ready to receive me, because it's a fight to get there and it needs to be prepared so I will in fact "go" there.  I believe there are invisible forces that keep us from prioritizing this in our lives.  I believe there is serious "resistance" in place to keep us from getting alone with God.  I believe the devil knows that our power lies in this "secret place"

We just don't prioritize our quiet time with God, and I'm starting to believe that this "secret place" is actually the most important place in the life of a believer and we need to treat it as such. I haven't been doing that, but God is telling me that it's time to cultivate this in my life.  That means I have to put it before all the "natural" roles in my life.  Again, I thought "before" just meant an inward prioritizing.  But God is showing me that it is an outward "physical" order that needs to take place in my life and putting Him "first" does literally mean that you get with Him before you do anything else with your day.  Again, I use to think that it was enough to just acknowledge Him before I did anything else, but now I realize He wants me to come to Him as if He has prepared a table for me and He wants me to sit down and eat with Him.  It's so much more than acknowledging Him.  He wants to feed me, comfort me, He wants to talk to me about my day, about my  life, about my purpose, about my peace, about my joy, about the world around me. And He wants more of a place, a physical place in my life.  He wants to expand in my life.  God lets you know when He wants "physical territory" in your life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

When we are troubled................

Have you have let the challenges you face, become a distraction for you?  I have! Matter-a-fact, I'm going through it now.  I hate it when I do that, because when you begin to let your heart become troubled about something, it's not long before fear begins to creeps in as well.    Then I feel like it gets hard to focus on the other things you need to focus on, and it's hard to enjoy the blessings that you have.  There is such a ripple effect when you let challenges trouble you.  It leads to distraction, then, fear, then it starts to rob you of your peace, your joy and if you let it, it can completely consume you.  God tells us to guard our hearts with all diligence.  There are 2 things in the bible that God tells us to guard:  Our hearts and our mouths.  We have to watch what we let come into our hearts and we have to watch what we allow to proceed from our mouths.  Even though we don't ignore challenges, it's important we don't let them take up residence in our

The best fight ever...............

Marriage.................................It's not easy.  It is a colorful creation full of ups and downs, highs and lows.  And some desperate times.  It cannot be done without God. It is His invention and only He can navigate you through it.  But marriage is worth fighting for.  You don't always have the energy to fight anymore and that's ok.  It's ok to not be ok.  It's ok to not be ok with your marriage.  It's ok to not be ok with your life.  Just know that not being ok, with your marriage, doesn't mean that it's over.  Not being ok, with your life, doesn't mean that its over.   In the last couple weeks I have struggled with temptations of epic magnitude.  God has seen me in my struggle.  Struggling with my emotions.  Struggling with my desires.  Struggling to stay faithful.  He saw me. He didn't look at me and say "I can't believe you are thinking this".  He didn't look at me ans say "I can't believe you are