Skip to main content

Receive the "quiet" before the noise

Let me start by saying that "Whatever you are lacking in your life, God is fully capable of getting you there"  God is fully capable of positioning you for blessing.  Don't worry about trying to positioning yourself because you cannot.  Trust God to do it.  I have had a heavy change going on in my life and spirit.  I had been having nudges from the Holy Spirit to make some changes in my life and be more committed to the tasks that have been assigned to me.  That nudge from the Holy Spirit got stronger and stronger, soon God started to speak to me about why I needed to be committed to what He had assigned to me.  Let me say that, I had already been committed to my marriage, to my kids, to being a stay-at-home mom.  I have been doing it for almost 8 years.  But God was not speaking about my natural roles, He was speaking about my "assignments" beyond that.  There are things that God has assigned me to do, late at night when my kids have gone to bed.  I work with a Christian organization online and even though I had a schedule, I would allow my tiredness to get to me at the end of the day and I wouldn't get online to coach.  That' s what I do with the organization, I am a Christian, spiritual coach.  I am suppose to coach Mon - Wed between 10:00 and 12am.  I had been skipping days just because I was tired after being at home with a toddler all day and taking care of my family in the evening.  What was happening is that I started to become very tired during the day as well, even when I skipped getting online to coach the night before.  It seems the more rest I tried to get, the more fustrated I became because I was still tired.  Then I started hearing inside my heart that "If I needed more, to give more".  I believe God was saying to me that if I need more rest than I need to be more committed to staying up to do His work at night.  It still took me awhile to actually start doing that.  God started speaking to me about how my supply was in the roles I had beyond my natural roles and how my power was there.  He started to show me how being committed to the coaching would give me power in other areas of my life and supply me with what I needed to be effective in my natural roles (mother, wife, etc.).  Finally, after God spoke to me about that, I started coaching the 3 nights I was suppose to instead of taking off because I was tired.  God was right, I started to have more energy then when I was taking time off, from coaching, to rest.  Then I started to sense another nudging from the Holy Spirit about my getting up earlier than everybody else to get with God in the morning.  This too, took a awhile for me.  The nudging was persistent, then God started to speak to me about how "What you do in secret, will give you power in the daytime".  I also sensed I was being led to dedicate a private space to God. God was not only asking for my time but physical territory to be dedicated to Him.  As God was speaking to me about this, I was starting to find that I was getting fustrated in the mornings because I just started to feel I wasn't getting the time I needed with God, while my son watched his shows.  It just wasn't enough.  I started to sense a lack of direction in my days.  While, at the same time God is making some big changes in my life and expanding certain areas of my life.  Needless to say, I really did not see that I had a choice in the matter.  I had to start getting with God in the morning.  It seems the way I have been doing things for years is no longer adequate.  There is a greater demand now and it requires greater supply.   Now that I have started to spend time with God, it's been hit and miss a little bit, but God is still pushing for consistency, because what I keep hearing today in my spirit is that if I don't do it early in the morning; when the day starts it's too late.  If I don't meet with God in the morning before everybody gets up, it will be too late for me to get what I need from God to ,ove forward in my day with a strong sense of direction in the decisions I make.   The great news is that I get to start all over tomorrow, but I know what I'm hearing is that

"If you don't get what you need first thing in the morning, it will be to late for that day". I'm not saying this is for everybody, but this is what God is telling me.  God is telling me that everything I need for that day will be supplied during my quiet time with Him in the morning.  It's the only way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

No more feeling trapped

When I first started being a full-time homemaker, it became a snare to me.  I was very hard on myself and put alot of expectations on myself that were not from God.  My husband would get up early in the morning and go to work and I always felt like I couldn't sleep late.  Not that I got up with him but I remember feeling guilty if I slept past like 9:00am.  Honestly, I felt guilty doing alot of things.  Things that if I could of done freely, I would probably be a lot further then I am now in my writing and other giftings that God has given me.  I spent 2 days a week at home cleaning.  The other 3 days, I struggled.  When I would go to the bookstore to read, I felt guilty.  I would think "Is it fair that I get to relax at the bookstore while my husband out working to provide for us?".  Sometimes I would want to go to the Amish market and eat breakfast.  They had a restaurant in the Amish market with great breakfast.  I would think "Is it fair that I should spend mo

When we are troubled................

Have you have let the challenges you face, become a distraction for you?  I have! Matter-a-fact, I'm going through it now.  I hate it when I do that, because when you begin to let your heart become troubled about something, it's not long before fear begins to creeps in as well.    Then I feel like it gets hard to focus on the other things you need to focus on, and it's hard to enjoy the blessings that you have.  There is such a ripple effect when you let challenges trouble you.  It leads to distraction, then, fear, then it starts to rob you of your peace, your joy and if you let it, it can completely consume you.  God tells us to guard our hearts with all diligence.  There are 2 things in the bible that God tells us to guard:  Our hearts and our mouths.  We have to watch what we let come into our hearts and we have to watch what we allow to proceed from our mouths.  Even though we don't ignore challenges, it's important we don't let them take up residence in our