Skip to main content

Renewed and transformed

Do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind (Romans 12:2).  This scripture makes me think about HGTV.  The network where they are always renovating houses.  I think of our brain as a house that contains many rooms.  We have all these areas of our brains that are responsible for different functions.  Our different emotional responses even lie in our minds.  When I think of the scripture above.  It makes me think of the rooms in our brain being redecorated and renovated.  That's what I feel like God is showing me right now.  God changes our lives through this process.  He changes our perspective and how we view and respond to life.  There are times where a mental shift is necessary in order for us to continue to move forward in our walk with God.  That is not to say that your old mindset was bad.  I think we have this tendency to think that just because something needs to change in our lives, it always means there was something "wrong" with our previous way.  That's not always the case.  "Renewal" is a lifelong process that God will take us through over and over again until we leave this earth. "Mental shifts" are part of that renewal.  I'm kind of getting excited as I think of the "mental makeover" that God is giving me.  Who doesn't get excited over redecorating a room in their house?  How refreshing is it to transform your surroundings into something new and fresh?  Well, God can do that with your mind.  He can give you something new and refreshing to lay your eyes on.  He can renew your thoughts so you can focus on new things, new endeavers.  He can give you new inspiration and motivation.  We have to cooperate with the process.  God will set up the infrastructure with which He will provide everything you need to cooperate, but you have to respond to the infrastructure/help that He gives you to do that.  That's an issue I struggle with.  God will give me everything I need to cooperate with Him but I  don't always seize the opportunity.  I allow myself to be stuck in old patterns.  Sometimes, even though we want change and need change, it's still easier to stay in our own old patterns than it is to allow God to establish new patterns.  But I would encourage myself and others to embrace the "new" that God is trying to bring into your life right now, even if it means making some adjustments you are not use to.  If you know that this is what God is wanting to do in your life and you recognize the help that He has sent in order for you to be able to do it, ake advantage of it!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

When we are troubled................

Have you have let the challenges you face, become a distraction for you?  I have! Matter-a-fact, I'm going through it now.  I hate it when I do that, because when you begin to let your heart become troubled about something, it's not long before fear begins to creeps in as well.    Then I feel like it gets hard to focus on the other things you need to focus on, and it's hard to enjoy the blessings that you have.  There is such a ripple effect when you let challenges trouble you.  It leads to distraction, then, fear, then it starts to rob you of your peace, your joy and if you let it, it can completely consume you.  God tells us to guard our hearts with all diligence.  There are 2 things in the bible that God tells us to guard:  Our hearts and our mouths.  We have to watch what we let come into our hearts and we have to watch what we allow to proceed from our mouths.  Even though we don't ignore challenges, it's important we don't let them take up residence in our

The best fight ever...............

Marriage.................................It's not easy.  It is a colorful creation full of ups and downs, highs and lows.  And some desperate times.  It cannot be done without God. It is His invention and only He can navigate you through it.  But marriage is worth fighting for.  You don't always have the energy to fight anymore and that's ok.  It's ok to not be ok.  It's ok to not be ok with your marriage.  It's ok to not be ok with your life.  Just know that not being ok, with your marriage, doesn't mean that it's over.  Not being ok, with your life, doesn't mean that its over.   In the last couple weeks I have struggled with temptations of epic magnitude.  God has seen me in my struggle.  Struggling with my emotions.  Struggling with my desires.  Struggling to stay faithful.  He saw me. He didn't look at me and say "I can't believe you are thinking this".  He didn't look at me ans say "I can't believe you are