Skip to main content

Everything you need is on the inside of you

Your life is hidden in your heart but you have to learn to seize the life that is hidden in God and therefore hidden inside you as well

Proverbs 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a matter,But the glory of kings is to search out a matter. 

You search out the life that God has concealed for you.

Colossians 3:3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 

God wants you to search it out as hidden treasure.  There is something on the inside of you that has an unceasing, constant tug, and learning to yield to that is indeed a spiritual discipline but can provide much joy.  Many times we think we need to move or buy something or do
something outside ourselves to begin to realize that special life God has for you.  But all the tools you need reside on the inside of you.  But many times, it takes for us to experience enough of the pain, that comes with not living out our Godly destiny; to finally begin to seize what is on the inside of us.  But if you do, you will give it life on the outside of you.  You will give it feet, legs, hands, a voice; all to touch the world with the touch of God. 

There are so many reasons now for me to seize what's on the inside of me, more and more.  It's the difference between my continuing to grow in my journey and shrinking back from every blessing God has for me.  Plus, what God has put inside me works in perfect harmony with what God has deposited inside my husband and children.  I want that harmony in my life and in my family's life. It's where I will come to know God and my Savior in a new way.

I don't find that there is alot of teaching, traditionally, in church about how to search out your purpose.  I think the teaching that is out there teaches you to look in places other than your heart.  I believe many lack vision about their lives.  Vision is like the steering wheel of my life.  Many people are swerving all over the road of life because they don't have a steering wheel.   I believe many people have no idea where "vision" comes from or how to get it.  But vision is not something you get, it's something that we all have.  Many of us have no idea how to listen to what God whispers constantly on the inside of us, many have no idea how to access their vision for the different areas of their lives.  But I will tell you that the more  I'm able to access the vision God has placed on the inside of me, the bolder I become at filtering out everything else in my life and becoming more streamlined and focused.  There are many that will have you to be all over the place, with your life, they will pull you away from living a focused life.  Well meaning people will give you permission to not be so focused.  But I will tell you that whatever you focus on, in your life, there will be more of a concentration of God's power and grace in that area, if it's something that lines up with your Godly purpose.  There is a time to be a little swervy in manuevering your way through life, but there is also a time to get focused.  There is a time where God will answer years of prayer by speaking very clearly to you and that's when it's time to get focused.  It comes a time to concentrate your time, your money, and your thoughts.  The scriptures below will talk about your heart, your thinking, and help you with what to think

Proverbs 23:7New King James Version (NKJV)
For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.
“Eat and drink!” he says to you,
But his heart is not with you.

Proverbs 4:23New King James Version (NKJV)
23 Keep your heart with all diligence,
For out of it spring the issues of life.

James 1:5New King James Version (NKJV)
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 

 Proverbs 2
  So that you incline your ear to wisdom,
And apply your heart to understanding;
Yes, if you cry out for discernment,
And lift up your voice for understanding,
If you seek her as silver,
And search for her as for hidden treasures;
Then you will understand the fear of the Lord,
And find the knowledge of God.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

When we are troubled................

Have you have let the challenges you face, become a distraction for you?  I have! Matter-a-fact, I'm going through it now.  I hate it when I do that, because when you begin to let your heart become troubled about something, it's not long before fear begins to creeps in as well.    Then I feel like it gets hard to focus on the other things you need to focus on, and it's hard to enjoy the blessings that you have.  There is such a ripple effect when you let challenges trouble you.  It leads to distraction, then, fear, then it starts to rob you of your peace, your joy and if you let it, it can completely consume you.  God tells us to guard our hearts with all diligence.  There are 2 things in the bible that God tells us to guard:  Our hearts and our mouths.  We have to watch what we let come into our hearts and we have to watch what we allow to proceed from our mouths.  Even though we don't ignore challenges, it's important we don't let them take up residence in our

The dirty truth about discipline

I got up this morning, went through the 2 hour process of getting my kids ready for school.  Once they were at school I came back home and decided I was going to read my bible, reflect on some things, and write some things down in my planner.  Well guess what?????  A wave of drowsiness washed over me.....................I had coffee in my hand and I still got so sleepy.  So sleepy that I absolutely had to allow myself to drift off into a slumber.  I had scheduled a workout at my favorite workout spot, Orange Theory.  But I was so sleepy that I was tempted to cancel.  Thanks to Orange Theory you can't cancel, the same day, via their app.  You have to call and even then you might lose your class that you paid for.  They normally have a waiting list for classes.  With that said I forced my butt up and into action to get to my class.  I'm so thankful to Orange Theory and the way they promote accountability, especially during this special time in my life.  See God has me focused