Skip to main content

When it just don"t feel "RIGHT

As I dropped off my son at his grandpa's house today, I prepared myself to go into my normal mode of work that I always do, which tends to be pretty regimented.  But something went off inside me that told me "I was not moving into a good pace". Something inside me, spoke, yet again, to me about the pace of my life.   I had to reel my mind in once again and focus on my spirit.  I don't always do that when I need to. Not listening to my spirit is becoming a luxury that I can afford less and less with each passing day.

The scripture that has been on my heart this week is

Zachariah 4:6
So he answered and said to me:
“This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel:
‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’
Says the Lord of hosts.

You have to be in control of your mind and not let your mind control you.  The thinking & reasoning part of our bodies is not allowed to be in control.  There is a place for it, but it has to be submitted to your spirit man.  Your mind is not to be made a leader in your life.  It is to be brought into subjection to the spirit.  Bring your mind and your thoughts under control.  Do not let them wonder where they may nor take your body where they may.  Even your mind is to be led by your spirit.  

There are only a few people, that I have heard of or met, that were living a life that they knew was the life that was fit for them.  God has placed it on my heart to become one of "those" people myself.  I can only pray that my journey on this blog, helps you.  God will bring you to crossroads in your life where you must choose how you desire to move forward.  Sometimes it's just a matter of will you move forward by faith or not.  Meaning, are you going to trust where God is leading you or put your trust in yourself and other people and things?  I think fthe question for me is "Are you going to seek the false security and comfort of allowing your mind to lead you or the freedom of allowing God to lead you?  

2 Cor. 3:17 - Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

"Liberty" can be a very scary thing because we don't exactly know where it will lead us or our family.  For me, my comfort zone is living my life according to formulas. Formulas where  "blank + Blank = blank" I want to know what the formula is, in order to achieve certain results?  I want to know how far do I let certain things go, before I reel them in? I think the scariest thing about living in the liberty of the spirit is the unpredictability.  We want to be in control of outcomes in life.  Let me say that the spirit of God knows the life that God has planned for you very well and that plan is the blueprint by which He leads you.  As years go by and you keep getting this nudging that certain things in your life just don't feel right. Certain ways in which you go about life.  There is a time to just experience that, the nudge, but then there are also times to respond to the nudge.  We all have perceptions of what we want to look like and what we want our lives to be.  Some of those perceptions are from the media images around us and some of those perceptions are from the spirit, leading you in the way of God's plan for your life.  We have to pray for God to help us filter out the false perceptions.  We don't want to mold our lives and image around false perceptions of what we think we should be. We want to mold it around who we really are.  Only God knows our true identity as it pertains to the world around us.  Only by His spirit can you become privy to that information. 

10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

When we are troubled................

Have you have let the challenges you face, become a distraction for you?  I have! Matter-a-fact, I'm going through it now.  I hate it when I do that, because when you begin to let your heart become troubled about something, it's not long before fear begins to creeps in as well.    Then I feel like it gets hard to focus on the other things you need to focus on, and it's hard to enjoy the blessings that you have.  There is such a ripple effect when you let challenges trouble you.  It leads to distraction, then, fear, then it starts to rob you of your peace, your joy and if you let it, it can completely consume you.  God tells us to guard our hearts with all diligence.  There are 2 things in the bible that God tells us to guard:  Our hearts and our mouths.  We have to watch what we let come into our hearts and we have to watch what we allow to proceed from our mouths.  Even though we don't ignore challenges, it's important we don't let them take up residence in our

The best fight ever...............

Marriage.................................It's not easy.  It is a colorful creation full of ups and downs, highs and lows.  And some desperate times.  It cannot be done without God. It is His invention and only He can navigate you through it.  But marriage is worth fighting for.  You don't always have the energy to fight anymore and that's ok.  It's ok to not be ok.  It's ok to not be ok with your marriage.  It's ok to not be ok with your life.  Just know that not being ok, with your marriage, doesn't mean that it's over.  Not being ok, with your life, doesn't mean that its over.   In the last couple weeks I have struggled with temptations of epic magnitude.  God has seen me in my struggle.  Struggling with my emotions.  Struggling with my desires.  Struggling to stay faithful.  He saw me. He didn't look at me and say "I can't believe you are thinking this".  He didn't look at me ans say "I can't believe you are