Skip to main content

Your life, your future, your hope

Get focused on the main thing that God wants you focused on right now, drain out the noise and distractions.  I believe all of us have a major contribution to make to this world, or else we wouldn't be here.  Began to ask God the hard but simple questions again: Why am I here? What is my purpose?  What is my family's purpose?  Don't feel like everything has to be religious when it comes to "purpose".  Matter-a-fact, that can be a stumbling block if you're not careful.  It has been for me in the past.  We can tend to compartmentalize God in our lives.  Like He only cares about certain parts of our lives, or like He only participates in certain areas of our lives.  But there is a scripture that says "In Him we live, and move, and have our very being" (Acts 17:28).  You see that word "being".  We are called human "beings".  You are in the process of becoming.  Becoming what?  All that God wants you to be in every area of life.  Start to ask God, "How He sees you" and He will show you something wonderful

But as it is written:
“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”[a]
10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.(1 Cor 2:8-10)

Do you want His Holy Spirit?  Do you want more of His Spirit?  He will give it to you.

Luke 11:13New King James Version (NKJV)
13 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!”

I have asked for more of His spirit so I can know more of His plans for me, so I can be more focused on what He wants me to be focused on.  Right now, we live in a world full of distractions and God has good plans for you, right here and right now.  But only He can show you what those plans are.  He will write them on your heart and you won't be able to shake them.  Those plans will began to resonate deep inside of you and they won't change from year to year as other things do, because God doesn't change.  There is something deep inside you that knocks, will you open the door?


Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. (Revelation 3:20)

My message for tonite is that God has good plans for you

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.  (Jeremiah 29:11)

He is knocking, He is always knocking.  Even when you already know Him, He is knocking on the areas of Your life that you have not allowed Him into yet.  He will give you peace, He will give you a future and He will give you a hope.  A hope that will not disappoint you.
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

When we are troubled................

Have you have let the challenges you face, become a distraction for you?  I have! Matter-a-fact, I'm going through it now.  I hate it when I do that, because when you begin to let your heart become troubled about something, it's not long before fear begins to creeps in as well.    Then I feel like it gets hard to focus on the other things you need to focus on, and it's hard to enjoy the blessings that you have.  There is such a ripple effect when you let challenges trouble you.  It leads to distraction, then, fear, then it starts to rob you of your peace, your joy and if you let it, it can completely consume you.  God tells us to guard our hearts with all diligence.  There are 2 things in the bible that God tells us to guard:  Our hearts and our mouths.  We have to watch what we let come into our hearts and we have to watch what we allow to proceed from our mouths.  Even though we don't ignore challenges, it's important we don't let them take up residence in our

The best fight ever...............

Marriage.................................It's not easy.  It is a colorful creation full of ups and downs, highs and lows.  And some desperate times.  It cannot be done without God. It is His invention and only He can navigate you through it.  But marriage is worth fighting for.  You don't always have the energy to fight anymore and that's ok.  It's ok to not be ok.  It's ok to not be ok with your marriage.  It's ok to not be ok with your life.  Just know that not being ok, with your marriage, doesn't mean that it's over.  Not being ok, with your life, doesn't mean that its over.   In the last couple weeks I have struggled with temptations of epic magnitude.  God has seen me in my struggle.  Struggling with my emotions.  Struggling with my desires.  Struggling to stay faithful.  He saw me. He didn't look at me and say "I can't believe you are thinking this".  He didn't look at me ans say "I can't believe you are