Skip to main content

Making life easier


Making life easier.....................Somewhere along the way I think it was instilled in me that life was not suppose to be easy, nor should you seek to make life easy.  I am learning that as God brings more into my life, that I have to seek to make life easier in ways where it is possible.  In the past, self-righteousness has kept me from taking the "easy way out".  No, there was so much I wanted to do myself and I thought I was suppose to be able to do myself.  If I couldn't do it myself, that made me a "bad mom" or a "bad wife".  But that self-righteous attitude can rob you from what God truly has in store for you and your family.  That attitude even robs your family.  Learn to ask yourself, everyday "What is the ONE thing I could do today that would make everything else easier or unnecessary?".  The answer might not come to you right away, but if you speak that question out, as your morning progresses, the answers will come.  Asking the right questions at the beginning of your day will give you answers that will make your day run much smoother.  It re-trains your brain to think differently about your day.

We all come to various crossroads in our lives at different points in our lives.  Those crossroads are a blessing from God.  I think it's God giving us an opportunity to look at the path that we have been on, examine where that path has taken us and how we feel about where our current path has taken us.  Then there are options in front of us.  Do we want to keep going on our current path?  Are we happy with the fruits of our current path?  Do we think our current path has anything else to  offer us or our family?  Is our current path going to produce what God wants to produce in our lives in this season?  These questions will help us to determine whether or not it's time to get on another path.  It's not always time.  But God helps us determine when it's time.  He will give us wisdom as we ask these questions.  "Crossroads" are God's way of having us to ask the questions that He wants to answer for us.

As we go about life, the areas where we benefit from "pushing" ourselves, change from one season to the next. If you have been pushing yourself in a certain area for years and you were growing as a result of it, but you have stopped growing.  That's a red flag that it's probably time to focus on a different area of your life.

Ande Carr
Coach & Trainer
(347) 766-6212


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

When we are troubled................

Have you have let the challenges you face, become a distraction for you?  I have! Matter-a-fact, I'm going through it now.  I hate it when I do that, because when you begin to let your heart become troubled about something, it's not long before fear begins to creeps in as well.    Then I feel like it gets hard to focus on the other things you need to focus on, and it's hard to enjoy the blessings that you have.  There is such a ripple effect when you let challenges trouble you.  It leads to distraction, then, fear, then it starts to rob you of your peace, your joy and if you let it, it can completely consume you.  God tells us to guard our hearts with all diligence.  There are 2 things in the bible that God tells us to guard:  Our hearts and our mouths.  We have to watch what we let come into our hearts and we have to watch what we allow to proceed from our mouths.  Even though we don't ignore challenges, it's important we don't let them take up residence in our

The best fight ever...............

Marriage.................................It's not easy.  It is a colorful creation full of ups and downs, highs and lows.  And some desperate times.  It cannot be done without God. It is His invention and only He can navigate you through it.  But marriage is worth fighting for.  You don't always have the energy to fight anymore and that's ok.  It's ok to not be ok.  It's ok to not be ok with your marriage.  It's ok to not be ok with your life.  Just know that not being ok, with your marriage, doesn't mean that it's over.  Not being ok, with your life, doesn't mean that its over.   In the last couple weeks I have struggled with temptations of epic magnitude.  God has seen me in my struggle.  Struggling with my emotions.  Struggling with my desires.  Struggling to stay faithful.  He saw me. He didn't look at me and say "I can't believe you are thinking this".  He didn't look at me ans say "I can't believe you are