Skip to main content

Lets talk.......



I have had this blog for about 7 years now, yet I have found myself wondering about my audience.  Nobody leaves any comments so I wonder "Who is reading it?".  I wonder what my audience needs in their lives right now.   I know there is a purpose why you are here on this blog.  I have even considered taking it down, because I have been doing it for so long, but I feel like I'm talking to myself most of the time.  That's kind of why I first started it, because I needed a place to talk to myself, but now I have grown to a desire to touch my audience.  Not just myself.

I'm actually praying God will show me what to do with this blog, because I don't know that it's growing.  And anything I pursue in life, after years, I really need to see the growth of it.  Is this blog living in a sense where God is breathing on it to be a blessing to many???  Definitely praying about expansion and next steps.

In the meantime, I have come to realize that you are reading this as more than just a body on a computer.  You are more then just your mind.  You are a soul.  In the culture we live in, we get treated like we are just our minds or we are just are bodies.  Maybe we are just our accomplishments.  This could not be further from the truth.  We have actually bought into it, in many subtle ways, myself included. We have felt we have to obsess about our bodies, or that we have to heap up accomplishment after accomplishment for our life to be worth anything. Or we have to appear to know all the answers  Or maybe you feel like you are just your paycheck and without that, you feel like you would be lost. Maybe you feel like you are the sum of what you can offer to others.  That's a big one that I'm guilty of.  But that is yet another lie.  I am so much more that what I can offer to you or to anybody.  I am a soul.  A living breathing soul and so are you.  Our souls are with us before we are born and they are eternal.  They never die.  How awesome is that.  Your soul is your forever companion and we ought to do right by it don't you think? 

When we find our value in the wrong things we tend to let the wrong things guide our lives, dictate our schedules, and determine our value to the world around us.  God says you are valuable just because you have a soul, that's why before you even come out of the womb and accomplish anything, you are already valuable to God.  Before you make any money, before you touch any lives, before you get married, before you have kids, before you step foot in a church, before you take your first steps, before you say your first words.  Before any of this you are already valuable to God, because of your soul.  It is your soul that is the upmost value to Him and should be the upmost value to you. 

Jeremiah 1:5 - Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you;

Even with this said it is so hard to get away from the feeling of worthlessness or get away from attaching our worth to the wrong things.  But this gets tiring. And your soul grows weary because you are not nurturing your inward person (your soul).  Have you ever felt empty?  Have you ever felt like you have an insatiable appetite that never gets satisfied?  Have you ever felt like you constantly need to be busy, for your life to be worthwhile?  Have you ever felt like you are just waiting until the next thing to happen?  Do you find it hard to exist in the moment? Does quietness or stillness make you uncomfortable?  What do you do?  Who do you consult?  The Psalmist, David, consulted with his soul.

Psalm 13:2 How long shall I take counsel in my soul
Psalm 42:5 Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me?

Our soul remembers things that our mind does not.  You must take counsel with your soul.  Many things that we think we are without are already within us.  Answers we seek, because our soul is our connection to God.  Our soul has had intimate fellowship with the Lord and our soul remembers God's plan for our lives.  Our soul remembers what God spoke to us before we were formed in the womb.  Your soul remembers, consult with your soul

As I pray about this blog, I hope that you will leave comments, let me know you're out there and I pray I can learn more about you and you don't remain anonymous.  You can even send email. womenntune@gmail.com

Ande Carr 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

When we are troubled................

Have you have let the challenges you face, become a distraction for you?  I have! Matter-a-fact, I'm going through it now.  I hate it when I do that, because when you begin to let your heart become troubled about something, it's not long before fear begins to creeps in as well.    Then I feel like it gets hard to focus on the other things you need to focus on, and it's hard to enjoy the blessings that you have.  There is such a ripple effect when you let challenges trouble you.  It leads to distraction, then, fear, then it starts to rob you of your peace, your joy and if you let it, it can completely consume you.  God tells us to guard our hearts with all diligence.  There are 2 things in the bible that God tells us to guard:  Our hearts and our mouths.  We have to watch what we let come into our hearts and we have to watch what we allow to proceed from our mouths.  Even though we don't ignore challenges, it's important we don't let them take up residence in our

The dirty truth about discipline

I got up this morning, went through the 2 hour process of getting my kids ready for school.  Once they were at school I came back home and decided I was going to read my bible, reflect on some things, and write some things down in my planner.  Well guess what?????  A wave of drowsiness washed over me.....................I had coffee in my hand and I still got so sleepy.  So sleepy that I absolutely had to allow myself to drift off into a slumber.  I had scheduled a workout at my favorite workout spot, Orange Theory.  But I was so sleepy that I was tempted to cancel.  Thanks to Orange Theory you can't cancel, the same day, via their app.  You have to call and even then you might lose your class that you paid for.  They normally have a waiting list for classes.  With that said I forced my butt up and into action to get to my class.  I'm so thankful to Orange Theory and the way they promote accountability, especially during this special time in my life.  See God has me focused