Skip to main content

Pain and Stuggles That We all Have

Does anybody have pain in their lives right now?  Does anyone have sin that they struggle with?  My hand is definitely raised up high in the air.  What are the answers to the pains of the world?  What is the answer to your pain and my pain?  What is the answer to your sin and my sin?  What about that word sin, what does it mean?  Sin means that "we miss the mark".  That simple.  "Missing the mark" expresses itself in different ways in a person's life, depending on that individual.  What is the answer?  Well, Jesus is the answer.  Why is Jesus the answer?  The question at the core of every human being who struggles with sin is "Does God still accept me like this?".  This is the million dollar question.  Drug addicts, prostitutes, gay, lesbian, transgender, child molesters, rapist, exotic dancer, murderers, alcoholics, etc.  At their core they are wondering "Does God accept me like this?"
Many have told them that God will not accept them.  Many have told them that God rejects them.  May have gone so far as to tell people that they couldn't possibly be Christian if they are struggling with any of the above things mentioned.  This opinion of God is simply not based on the bible.  I didn't want to blog tonite so I'll keep it short.  None of us really know or completely understand the struggles of another, but as a human being, I understand that the struggle is real.  I understand that the pain is real.  You can't talk it away or pray it away.  I have gone through many struggles with identity in my lifetime. When I accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior, I experienced the joy of forgiveness and knowing that I could have a relationship with God and that He accepted me.  However, about 2 years after that I feel into depression, anxiety, etc. God eventually brought me out of that but it was only through much prayer, for a couple years, and God let me know I needed to change my diet and start going back to the gym.  That worked!!  But then I got married and had kids,  I went through probably the first 3 to 4 years of motherhood struggling, trying to figure myself out as a wife and mom.  It was hard, because for about 3 years I didn't even feel like my relationship with God was really that vibrant anymore. I stopped praying because I was tired of hearing "quiet" on the other end.  That's where God had me for about 4 years.  In a "quiet" place.  He would show me certain things I needed to do in my life and then it would be just my practicing what he had shown me for years on end.   There are certain areas of my life that He wanted me to become real sensitive to,
in terms of the way I functioned and how it affected me. But I didn't feel like I was really growing for years.  But I was.  See sometimes it doesn't feel like we are growing or changing, but we really are.  Sometimes it doesn't feel like God is delivering us from our current struggle, but He is.  I've waited many years to see the growth and changes that were taking place in me when I didn't even know it.  I have learned that you should wait to see your change, don't feel like you just have to accept something, if you know it's not God's will.  But know that God accepts you just the way you are but He also wants to renew your mind.  Even when you are not accepting something in your life, that doesn't mean that you're done with it.  Even when you don't accept a lie, you can still be in the midst of living the lie out in your life.  That's because change doesn't happen overnight.  It happens over years of an intimate loving relationship between you and your heavenly Father.  Don't try to change yourself, you cannot change yourself. True change is the work of the Holy Spirit and you will eventually become the change that the Holy Spirit is working in you if you cooperate with Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think before you defend yourself

I get on social media and I do my best not to be critical of anyone.  It's not my place.  I do find it kind of interested how personal relationships, insecurities, and hurts are expressed where the whole world can see.  Social media is like this enigma that continues to spark my interest.  I find myself asking "why would he/she share something so deep and personal with people who don't know them or even care?".  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.  I just find myself being very curious and intrigued about why? There is one trend I see, on social media, that sparks a bit of concern.  The amount of time we spend defending ourselves and our decisions on social media.  I get concerned because I realize that when we spend a "noticeable" amount of time defending ourselves publicly, it is a strong indication that their is a much bigger private battle going on within .  Social media speaks volumes to me about inner battles we go through. A thou

When we are troubled................

Have you have let the challenges you face, become a distraction for you?  I have! Matter-a-fact, I'm going through it now.  I hate it when I do that, because when you begin to let your heart become troubled about something, it's not long before fear begins to creeps in as well.    Then I feel like it gets hard to focus on the other things you need to focus on, and it's hard to enjoy the blessings that you have.  There is such a ripple effect when you let challenges trouble you.  It leads to distraction, then, fear, then it starts to rob you of your peace, your joy and if you let it, it can completely consume you.  God tells us to guard our hearts with all diligence.  There are 2 things in the bible that God tells us to guard:  Our hearts and our mouths.  We have to watch what we let come into our hearts and we have to watch what we allow to proceed from our mouths.  Even though we don't ignore challenges, it's important we don't let them take up residence in our

The best fight ever...............

Marriage.................................It's not easy.  It is a colorful creation full of ups and downs, highs and lows.  And some desperate times.  It cannot be done without God. It is His invention and only He can navigate you through it.  But marriage is worth fighting for.  You don't always have the energy to fight anymore and that's ok.  It's ok to not be ok.  It's ok to not be ok with your marriage.  It's ok to not be ok with your life.  Just know that not being ok, with your marriage, doesn't mean that it's over.  Not being ok, with your life, doesn't mean that its over.   In the last couple weeks I have struggled with temptations of epic magnitude.  God has seen me in my struggle.  Struggling with my emotions.  Struggling with my desires.  Struggling to stay faithful.  He saw me. He didn't look at me and say "I can't believe you are thinking this".  He didn't look at me ans say "I can't believe you are